Subi motor

chris&hol

Ok, so im selling my turbo 2276 and want to install either ej20 subi or honda 3.5. I know some of you guys put your own setups together rather then opted for the spendy outfront setup. You see all these motors on ebay. What else is needed other than stand alone ecu,harness, radiator, fuel pump, intake, shortened oil pan, adapter plate? Also i saw a company in phoenix selling turnkey honda 3.5's for 2900.00. Pro's & cons? I appreciate all the info. Cheers.

hi,i am happy with my subi ,i started with a n/a 2.5l about 185hp ,then built a turbo engine with je pistons,kelford cams,garrett turbo with some parts from outfront, 562hp on e85 ,the 2.0 twin is good engine to start with you can always upgrade later, one drawback maybe you have to run race/e85 fuel or blend.the honda engine is a bit heavier but will have more torque.

Thank You for the info, sounds like a killer motor. Im swaying in the honda direction at the moment only for cost. $2900 turnkey with ecu all i need is radiator , fuel pump, new clutch kit and fab some new engine mounts. They claim 275hp 240tq. stock. I guess will see if thats true but for under $4000 i cant beat it. Also we saw pete's car at dumont and that turbo is very intising although my 091 would puke its guts out farly quickly. :) Thanks again for the response!!