Chevy ?

andydew

We replaced the Oring, and the oil pump. Not certain which was the culprit, but we have success!

Oil pressure is steady. The screeching that developed at idle is completely gone. We hear a ill lifter noise, but... At 240k, I suppose that's expected . I believe our first oil issue was in fact the sensor got damaged during disassembly/reassembly. Our second issue was probably caused by us, trying to diagnose the first, taking off the pickup tube, without replacing that Oring, but that's just my theory.

We all appreciate your input. Just a couple of friends here, trying to save a buck :) I suppose a mechanic by trade isn't exactly jumping at the chance to dispense their wisdom; kinda like a magician divulging their secrets, but again, THANK YOU!

Still have one major issue with the trans now, but I think my buddy is going to surrender and take it in to a shop. The frustrating irony of it all: after we got over our hurdles, and the dang car don't move. Maybe we should stick to our day jobs, huh? :P