Old School Sand Rail with New School Reliability! Great Starter Buggy!

post-4471-0-81568600-1451935239_thumb.jp

I built this buggy 5 years ago, with an emphasis to reliability and ease of maintenance, and I have been upgrading constantly as I tune this or adjust that. Deutz Connectors on wiring to let you pull the motor and reinstall without messing with a tons of different wires, Bus trans for lower gear ratio and strength, stock reinforced VW suspension components for toughness and inexpensive repair should you hit something you really didn't mean to. All relays and fuses and computers in a closed box for security. Fuel injection so you do not have to adjust carburetors if you go from sea level to 10,000 feet. Water cooled for those hot desert days. Plush Suspension seats for all day comfort, with closing pouches to store your Vendor Row purchases.

This little car drives like a dream, plush suspension for an Old School, wheelies and jumps like a quad, fits in the smaller toy haulers or on a 10' trailer. I have never weighed it, but I would guess it is in the 900 lb range. You can run the big dunes with your group and show off in the baby dunes where the big boys struggle. Amaze your rock-crawling friends as you make the tough trails look like child's play, with super low gears, extremely light front end and turning brakes you can use like lockers. Toyota Reliability, great fuel mileage, this buggy is the whole package!

You want to learn to drive the dunes or play on the hardpack in Johnson Valley or Stoddard Wells, this car does it all. This is the car you want! Light, tough, quick and nimble.

The Good:
Older Fame, 83" wheelbase, taller cage, Suspension seats, Customized stock suspension.
.060 Aluminum Roof
Toyota MR2(4A-GE) fuel injected motor, Stock Computer
Stainless Steel Super Trapp Muffler
VW Bus IRS Transmission, Rebuilt with about 20 hours since rebuild
Type 2(Bus) CV Joints(2x the articulation of Type 1)
Fox Racing Shocks, all corners
Baja Pro Style front tires, with tubes on Polished Douglas Spindle-Mount aluminum wheels
1300-15 paddles, 3 years old, still have the nubbies, no plugs or patches, on HD Polished Douglas Aluminum Wheels
3 sets of rear tires included, Paddles, Desert and Loading
Extra Front wheels included, Old School Spokes
All lights are LED, 2200 lumen spot fronts
Brake Lights
Neal Pedals, CNC Gas pedal
Turning Brakes
5-Point Simpson Racing belts
Removable Steering Wheel
Boxed Rear Trailing Arms
Chrome Front Arms
Reinforced Spindles
Disc Brakes in Rear
Spun Aluminum Fuel Tank
Custom Suspension Seats
Cooler Cover that matches the seats
Adjustable drivers seat
Adjustable Pedals
Tool Box
Clean SPCN title and current green sticker
Whatever spare parts I have laying around, anyone that has built anything like this knows what I am talking about!

I have built a rack that fits a full-size shortbed truck that can be sold with this buggy for $500. It needs a winch and little finishing.

The Bad:
Severe Buggy Addiction, and there is no cure!

Price $3.500 OBRO. Prefer in person negotiation, after you see it, hear it run, I can take you for a little cruise.

Partial Trade for good 9mm semi auto through FFL. Delivery available up to 100 miles, .95/mile. I accept cash, or cash for payment. No Paypal, Check, Credit Cards, Shipment to Nigeria(no, not even if you over pay and have your 'Representative' pick up, sorry). You are welcome to call or text 909.633.9143, John.

I can sand Peter Pan And Tink off the roof, down to bare aluminum if you think you may grow up one day.

post-4471-0-36621600-1451935228_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-33194300-1451935232_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-81512400-1451935236_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-44442500-1451935243_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-82717100-1451935247_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-34670700-1451935252_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-31697700-1451935256_thumb.jp