Warning Howell Fuel injection issue

jalper

all I have to say is dealing with Howell is have been the worst ever

we start off purchasing a system for a 4.3 Vortec 1996, we call them for a harness and they tell us that we should purchase the computer from them
and the sensors so there is no issue,

get the harness took normal time

install harness and bam does not fire up, so we call them and they tell us we need a factory distributor, do not want take any chance so we purchase
a AC delco distributor from the Dealer,

still no start

OK so call them up and Howell tell us that it should have a new spider common issue, same thing get one from the dealership

still no start

Call them again and they apologized and said that the built the Harness wrong and to change 3 of the wires, OK getting exited now

still no start,

but it will only start if you prime it with fuel

change the coil, will only start with a prime, change all the relays, Now we are running out of money and 3 dune trips wasted

then someone tells us it need the factory oil sender hooked up, well we put in the factory oil pressure and when hooking up the wire
the fuel pump will run and will not turn off unless you disconnect the battery or pull the relays

Pres day is coming up and really want my family to be out there with there new car,
take it to a Local shop and they have a weak spark and injector pulse, so they hot wire it and same issue,

purchase a new computer, the other one came from Howell and it will start on its own but will not run

after spending
New computer $225
New spider injector $500
Distributor $250
DKA $500

we are done, O I mean with this Harness deal, We call Howell and get the owner after some time and he says sorry they had harness issues and computer issue
that they will refund the harness and the computer and O2's

so we wait 2 weeks call them and ask them what is going on and they tell us that they fixed the harness and is sending it back and will not refund anything
and if we try to cancel the CC card they will sue us, and have all the documents

not sure what they have all the documents mean

But after reading the harness issue on the internet I will never buy another Howell harness again what a joke this has been and has cost us more money than it was
worth

the Howell 4.3 harnesses are total junk
http://howellefi.com/

all I have to say is dealing with Howell is have been the worst ever

we start off purchasing a system for a 4.3 Vortec 1996, we call them for a harness and they tell us that we should purchase the computer from them

and the sensors so there is no issue,

get the harness took normal time

install harness and bam does not fire up, so we call them and they tell us we need a factory distributor, do not want take any chance so we purchase

a AC delco distributor from the Dealer,

still no start

OK so call them up and Howell tell us that it should have a new spider common issue, same thing get one from the dealership

still no start

Call them again and they apologized and said that the built the Harness wrong and to change 3 of the wires, OK getting exited now

still no start,

but it will only start if you prime it with fuel

change the coil, will only start with a prime, change all the relays, Now we are running out of money and 3 dune trips wasted

then someone tells us it need the factory oil sender hooked up, well we put in the factory oil pressure and when hooking up the wire

the fuel pump will run and will not turn off unless you disconnect the battery or pull the relays

Pres day is coming up and really want my family to be out there with there new car,

take it to a Local shop and they have a weak spark and injector pulse, so they hot wire it and same issue,

purchase a new computer, the other one came from Howell and it will start on its own but will not run

after spending

New computer $225

New spider injector $500

Distributor $250

DKA $500

we are done, O I mean with this Harness deal, We call Howell and get the owner after some time and he says sorry they had harness issues and computer issue

that they will refund the harness and the computer and O2's

so we wait 2 weeks call them and ask them what is going on and they tell us that they fixed the harness and is sending it back and will not refund anything

and if we try to cancel the CC card they will sue us, and have all the documents

not sure what they have all the documents mean

But after reading the harness issue on the internet I will never buy another Howell harness again what a joke this has been and has cost us more money than it was

worth

the Howell 4.3 harnesses are total junk

http://howellefi.com/

Doubt this will help but I have a complete Haltech computer and a gm harness that you can basically have just to get it out of mt garage. Chasing electrical gremlins are the worst!