Help! new Yamaha golf cart backfiring (new to me)

dune_rat

:barf: My Yamaha G16 gas golf cart backfires almost everytime you let off the gas and come to a stop, I've only owned it a couple months but it is a 1989 or something like that. Does anyone have any ideas?

IT COULD JUST BE RUNNING TO RICH DOES IT DO IT THREW THE CARB JUST THE TAIL PIPE LET ME KNOW JUST MIGHT NEED TO BE TOONED JUSTA FEW TURNS ON THE CARB :laughoff: THANKS ALL. ALSO IF THE CART HAS A LITTLE BAD GAS IN IT IT ALSO MIGHT DO IT. CALEB

Edited by mtwalet

It does seem to do it from the tailpipe when it happens. I changed the spark plug and put new gas in it and it seems to be doing better now. I accidentally put some of that E85 ethanol fuel (15%gasoline and 85% corn) in my toyhauler gas tank. Some $hiathead peeled the sticker off the pump and it looked like I was pumping 89 octane. I think that may have contributed to it even though i diluted it alot. I hope all of that fuel is gone from the tank. Guess I'll find out this week

Thanks for replying to my post :shocked2:

ya that could do it that new gas burns way clean like a lean burn so you could be leaned out to much just add a bottle of additive to the gas tank in the hauler and dont put it in anything else it ill start to folw plugs and ect... glad i could help out just let the brother know what happened caleb :hello: