Crusin' the Streets with Maynard

Ross and Alice

3812S2k_014-med.jpg

Maynard Christmas morning.

Bought the GF's 6 year old the New for '06 Suzuki Z50 quad.

He doesn't like his name James, so I call him Maynard and he loves it,, it's stuck.

I fired up my sons Go ped, and after giving Maynard Z50 instructions, and a few runs around the house and driveway, Maynard and I headed out through the neighborhood for his first shake down run.

Up Laurel Fig street, we have a really evil neighbor that calls the cops when the kids are on their motorized rides.

At Christmas time, the cops take their time responding to mean neighbor calls, the cops realize the kids are on fun runs with their Christmas toys.

They complain about my cat killing gophers too. Damfino why it really pisses these neighbors off. It's the bloody mess, but the Macaby traps no long work & the cats have tipped the scale in the homeowners favor.. The cat now brings the dead gophers to a spot by our trash cans,, but that's another thread.

It was a blast,, and with time Maynard was getting the hang of it.

I removed a special spacer ring on the Zukis CVC trans,, and it adds about 8 mph top speed.

3812S2k_038-med.jpg

I removed the speed limiting spacer ring in the CVC trans

Maynard got faster and faster as the afternoon progressed.

The Zuki offers a much much smaller dia handlebars, and tinier controls and grips. A BFD to a tiny kid like Maynard.

I suggest you hold that thought when sizing your kid on a bike or quad. Most the builders do not do this, and it's a big difference.

I was cruising with him and flashed back to my early days of riding.

The Europeans made an appearance at a local motocross race for the first time and really beat all of us kids. We were lapped, humiliated,, annihilated,, just murdered.

None of us had dads around,, and had little clue what really beat us.

The Euros had better suspentions & frames, more powerfull motors,, and advanced riding skills.

I imagine thats why I keep my kids dialed in with state of the art stuff, and as much parental involvement as I possibly can. I can see how it can suck with no parents around shareing in what you love to do.

3812S2k_036-med.jpg

Maynards Z50, a little four stroke steamer with good suspention and correct sized proper controls.