87 Blazer rear window and shock questions.

iweb

There was a different tailgate put on the blazer and it has an elec window and the old one did not. So there are a green wire, a single wire with plug, and a dble wire with 2 prongs on it. I put the green to the neg on a battery and touched a pos on each of the 3 other wires and nothing happened. Window is down and I need to get it up, what am I doing wrong?

Blazer has 4" lift with an additonal 2" lift in the front. I need at least front shocks since there isn't any at all! I see on feebay that there is a set of 4 Highjackers for like $33 each and I can choose 4" or 6" lift for a set. But don't I need a 4" on the rears and 6" on the fronts? Any local parts stores have similar shocks at the same prices?? We have Autozone,Carquest, and Checker in Pahrump-a-dump.

The best ting you can do is grab a stock shock... and measure it. Then ask autozone or carquest or checkers for a book that lists all the diffrent types of shocks.. You can match up the ends of the shocks and then find all the diffrent measurements. I went thru this on my old dodge because i didnt lift it properly and needed to find shocks that fit. SO i grabbed the measurements and shock mount typese thumbed thru that book until i found a shock w/ the proper mounts and a length that was close to what i was looking for. i think mine ended up fitting a f150 or something dont remember. but thats what i had to do in order to get something to work.

Your other option is to call say highjacker or whatever and ask them for the collapesed and extended length of the shock and see if you can find it that way thru autozone or something.