VP U4 gas.....

HarleyR

I have heard of some people running this stuff with good results just wondering if anyone has any experence with it Also what happens if its mixed with unleaded race gas I know that sometimes you can get in trouble mixing. I get Sunoco GTX for free at work 98 unleaded but I could use all the help I can get to haul my big a$$ around... the bike is a 06 LTR Cherry bomb, pro desighn intake Sparks F/S

I have heard of some people running this stuff with good results just wondering if anyone has any experence with it Also what happens if its mixed with unleaded race gas I know that sometimes you can get in trouble mixing. I get Sunoco GTX for free at work 98 unleaded but I could use all the help I can get to haul my big a$$ around... the bike is a 06 LTR Cherry bomb, pro desighn intake Sparks F/S

I dont know that you would get any use from it, I believe that it is designed for higher compression motors. Also you have to drain your system after you use it, you can not let it sit inyour bikes tank or a plastic jugs. I would stick with lower octane fuel from what I have learned.

Edited by mineurbiz

On the contrary, it is designed to get the performance out of a lower compression motor. U4 is oxygenated, think of it like CO2 in beer. The extra oxygen dissolved in the fuel makes kinda like the effect of a turbo, more oxygen more power. It is completely mixable with pump gas with no bad effects. The bummer is that it is around $12 a gallon or more and you have to use a steel container and drain your fuel from the carb or it will gum up the inner workings. Friends who run it in motocross bikes say that you can leave it in your tank for a limited amount of time but if you aren't gonna run it in the next few days you better drain that too. Another bummer is that it has a super low boiling point and if it is hotter than 80 degrees the chances of it boiling before it gets to the motor are very high and your bike won't run very well.

If it were me I would stick with the 98 Sunoco with a 12.5 to 1 piston. Free is free and unless you are serious about racing it isn't worth the time and effort of messing with it. I'm a big guy too, 320 lbs and I won't touch the stuff.

Edited by beau

thanks for the help guys, I'll stick to the frees stuff.... although it dosent smell as good... haha

Harley

I love the smell of U4!!! They need to make air fresheners with that scent. My room mate would keep his cans on the back porch under the bathroom window and even with a sealed can if the window was open the scent would fill the house. Even the girls that would stop by thought it smelled good until they found out it was race gas. :D

I love the smell of U4!!! They need to make air fresheners with that scent. My room mate would keep his cans on the back porch under the bathroom window and even with a sealed can if the window was open the scent would fill the house. Even the girls that would stop by thought it smelled good until they found out it was race gas. :D

Thats funny although a little :laughoff: