No Cell Service No Problem

eli

I told you guys I got a new gadget. I tested it in the mountians 50 miles from anywhere this weekend. The closest place was Goldfield which barely makes it as anywhere. Didn't see another vehicle around camp all weekend.

It's got four modes and sends email or text messages to your contacts unless it's a emergency.

I'm OK.

I need help from friends.

I'm in deep do...send rescue.

And an optional tracking mode. I didn't buy.

$150 bucks and $100 bucks a year. About the same as sat radio. Priceless because the wife knew I was OK.

Don't know about duners with cell service but explorers and hunters ought to consider one.

http://findmespot.com/Home.aspx

Eli

what about the cellular amplifiers that run off 12v? i heard one guy say that he got AT and T service in camp (crapper 6 i think it was :laughing:) where i have to go to the top of comp hill, south pole, or close to the north pole for AT and T

I had one, and I rigged an accessory antenna/cord with it too on top our RV flashing lite pole.

Worked excellent, helped alot.

In fact, we had a reputation for having it on our RV and people around Dumont from time to time would ask to use it as word spread.

Used in on the Parker Strip as well.

My daughter has it in her posession, it's the BFD to her social world on the road.

I don't think I had $25 in the whole set-up.

Parker now has excellent service BTW.

We used our GM on star once in an emergency.

Guy slipped off his trucks front bumper with the trucks hood open and got impaled on the latch thus hooking his rib cage too.

A bloody mess.

Onstar worked really well at Dumont. Don't know if it was dumb luck,, or that the LEO temp tower was up,, or we caught the CHP tower,,or it works on Sattelite, damfino, but it worked and that's was that.

Edited by yfzdad

I had one, and I rigged an accessory antenna/cord with it too on top our RV flashing lite pole.

Worked excellent, helped alot.

In fact, we had a reputation for having it on our RV and people around Dumont from time to time would ask to use it as word spread.

Used in on the Parker Strip as well.

My daughter has it in her posession, it's the BFD to her social world on the road.

I don't think I had $25 in the whole set-up.

Parker now has excellent service BTW.

We used our GM on star once in an emergency.

Guy slipped off his trucks front bumper with the trucks hood open and got impaled on the latch thus hooking his rib cage too.

A bloody mess.

Onstar worked really well at Dumont. Don't know if it was dumb luck,, or that the LEO temp tower was up,, or we caught the CHP tower,,or it works on Sattelite, damfino, but it worked and that's was that.

can i ask you where you got your amplifier from??