Marine LPG conversions

britincali

Does anyone know anyone who does these conversions? Anyone have any hookups?

My brother in law has a boat dealership and due to gas being $12 plus in england now hes gonna start converting them, any kits here would be cheaper for him just simply due to the money conversion factor.

Heres the email from him....

hello mate

with the price of fuel rocketing over here, Petrol £1.25 Lt diesel £1.35Lt and red is going. In november it will jump from 67.5p to £1.35 over night. So these may cause the marine industry problems and its possible that gas conversions for both fuels may be profitable, especially as there is no-one in the north doing it yet.

I need trade prices for the conversion kits for both fuels and the retail prices that you would expect, obviously every boat is different and the price for each also but a rough mark up figure would help. i dont think theres any point in looking at the Carb conversions, just injection. It`s possible that there will be a link between the gas ECU and Mercruiser ECU so if this is the case then they would need to be compatable as well as volvo for the diesel. If you can get rough fitting times as well that would also help

I also need prices for the diagnostic and tuning equipment to set the gas ECU up. I can get the prices for the Corgi gas courses here. (you need to be qualified to fit gas be it cookers or Conversions)

I would imagine that there will be some car conversions out there but with boats there are various safety features, gas monitors in the bilges some i believe have auto engine shut down features in case of leaks etc.

As with petrol, you having weasel piss for fuel out there i`m assuming that there may be differences in the gas over here, if you can find out.

I bet your sorry you askede!!See what you can find out for me it would be a great help

take it easy chief

Anthony

Any help or phone numbers would be appreciated :beercheers: