Rhino Air Intake Information

sandawg

http://www.rc-trucks.org/yamaha-rhino-snorkel.htm

I recently attempted to change my intake system to increase the air flow and help with my performance. It didn't work and after finding this article I found out why. It is about the snorkel system but the theory of "vacum signal" explained it all.

If I had wanted to spend $403.00 for the Edlebrock carbuetor, developed for the Rhino, I could have left it the way I had it.

I just put it back to stock and I was lucky that Checker refunded me the $43.00 fpr the K&N filter I special ordered. We live and learn.

The stock carb uses vacum to operate the slider and with no air restriction there is not enough vacum to work. I have talked to a couple of others that have tried to use the snorkel and they weren't happy with that system either. Not to say no intake mods work but mine didn't.

I did attempt to re jet it up to compensate but that didn't help either.

Edited by SANDAWG

http://www.rc-trucks.org/yamaha-rhino-snorkel.htm

I recently attempted to change my intake system to increase the air flow and help with my performance. It didn't work and after finding this article I found out why. It is about the snorkel system but the theory of "vacum signal" explained it all.

If I had wanted to spend $403.00 for the Edlebrock carbuetor, developed for the Rhino, I could have left it the way I had it.

I just put it back to stock and I was lucky that Checker refunded me the $43.00 fpr the K&N filter I special ordered. We live and learn.

The stock carb uses vacum to operate the slider and with no air restriction there is not enough vacum to work. I have talked to a couple of others that have tried to use the snorkel and they weren't happy with that system either. Not to say no intake mods work but mine didn't.

I did attempt to re jet it up to compensate but that didn't help either.

man that is fuggly.....go to rhinotalk.net and we can help u with anything you need, and dont need to spend your hard earned money on junk........ :think: lol