Electric RV Waste Dump Valves.

Free Agent

I just installed Electric Dump Valves on our trailer.

We had the cable remote RV dump valves, and they suck.

Ya get a lot of sand in your tanks like it or not, it can jam up the valve and sand gets into the cable and they gum up and become difficult to use real quick. In addition to other issues ya get with the manual cable remotes.

The valve bodys themself location are too awkward to replace with the simple common RV dump valves, so I had to go elect/remote on the black water.

Three mfgs of elect RV valves on the market, and I took advantage of Camping worlds return policy to try them all.

The Barker 3" and 1 1/2" valves don't have a knife edge style valve disc, and that can be a problem with tissue jamming the valve. It's a big deal believe me.

Also, the Barker doesn't have a remote control.

But, for the grey water 1 1/2 " valve, it fit my needs even without the remote switch.

It works fantastic.

For the 3" Blackwater I went with the Drainmaster.

It has a remote control with the all important indicator light,, powerful motor, and a guillotine blade for a valve disc.

The drainmaster 1 1/2 inch requires an adaptor kit that requires awkward and hard to get at cutting the pipe and installing. I'm not that ambitious, especially when other options are avail.

The Valterra is simply an add-on motor to a standard Valterra waste valve. Avail in 3" and 1 1/2 inch.

It is popular, and a big seller, but kinda Mickey mouse and clunky in operation compaired to the others.

But, might be the valve set-up for you.

In some cases, you can adapt them to you existing valves.

I'll try and shoot a video and put it up.

It's very difficult to post pix & videos on this site compaired to V bulletin sites, but I'll give it a try.

Edited by yfzdad