We are planning on the same good times we always have with cars & coffee, a small raffle, TACOS for lunch and even more DUNE TIME this year. So if you have a buggy or just want to be part of the fun, come out and join us. Please RSVP so we know to expect you.
What is Buggy Roundup?
The Buggy Roundup is an annual Dumont trip when all the sandcar people are invited to come out and camp together as a group. We'll be camped together across from bathroom 10, just off the right side of the entrance road. This trip gives the buggy guys and girls of Dumont a chance to meet each other and run the dunes together for a full weekend without the crowds. So don't be a stranger. Every year we have new people join the camp and end up leaving as friends.
There is no set schedule of events, but it will likely go something like this...
Arrive as early as you'd like. Some get there as early as Tues or Wed. Just don't go hard and break your car before the weekend!
Group rides: Link up and get some group rides going.
8:00 AM -~9 AM: Sandcars and Coffee: Pull your car into the center of camp. (Or park it there the night before) Feel free to bring out some donuts or breakfast treats to contribute if you'd like. Just don't go nuts. Grab a coffee, say good morning to everyone, and check out all the buggies. This gives everyone a chance to wake up and get the day started. We'll also have raffle tickets for some prizes that we'll be giving away later in the day so come to the tent in the middle of camp to grab yours.
10 AM Group Ride: Join the group as we form the biggest train of buggies you've ever seen. We'll do a full dune run (slow to medium paced cruise) from the south end all the way through the dunes to the north pole.
Saturday Afternoon: The rest of the day will include giveaways and more group dune runs! The raffle prizes will be given out around lunch time.
Buggy Roundup/ Camp Rules
Those that wish to camp with the group for Buggy Roundup must agree to the rules set by us, Dumont Dune Riders.
1) Don't be a d*ck! We've never had an issue with anyone at buggy roundup, but we will not tolerate any BS. We are there to have a fun weekend of duning and hanging out with each other. You will be asked to leave camp if you cause problems.
2) No loud music. We all love to have a good time and party, but please be respectful of others in camp. We cram alot of RVs into one place and all have different tastes in music.
3) Unsafe driving or behavior will not be tolerated. This includes no passing on group rides unless you can do it extremely safe while giving that person plenty of room (ie: cut an entire dune to do it. Don't catch them by surprise.)
4) No side x sides in the group rides, photos or Sandcars and Coffee. We get asked this every year so I feel I need to say it. If you have a side x side, you are not UNinvited. If you love buggies, you can absolutely come out and camp with us. Please just understand and respect that this is a annual event for buggies.
Want in? Here's what you need to do.
1) Log into DDR and click GOING here...
2) Bring your buggy to Dumont and join in on the fun. Don't be a stranger. Park with the group. If you don't know anyone, just ask for PETE
That's it! Bring your buggy and a fun attitude and it'll be an awesome weekend in the sand.
Join the Conversation here or on our Facebook group and page.
Video from last year