Wow!! Everyone has alot of problems with this place. Granted I am fairly new to the dunes but I have not had any real problems worth complaining about. I was out on Prez day weekend for four days. Yeah there were people parked literally within 6 feet of our trailer, people actually driving right through a tight circle of our trailers, people kickin up dust 10 feet from our trucks and people just bein plain old idiots. Welcome to planet earth!! I have lived in many countries all over the world and every single one of them has inconsiderate morons....why should the dunes be any different. Yes when I drive out to Comp or just to Vendor row I have to weave my way there never really taking the same route dodging tape, cones, kids, dogs and even the odd drunk. But I don't mind....I love being out there. If I really want to ride I head out to the vast area of sand where no one is camping and no kids are riding. Simple. Try to avoid the idiots as best you can. As far as roping off the dunes.....I saw a few 100 acres of them that were wide open. I rode on them not worrying for one second about hitting a kid or a cone. Sorry.....I'm done.