Reply from my congressman

sandawg

Dear Patrick:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 5151, the Wild Monongahela Act. I appreciate you taking the time to express your views on this important issue.

As you may know, my colleague, Representative Nick Rahall (D-WV), introduced the Wild Monongahela Act. This legislation seeks to expand three existing federal wilderness areas within the Monongahela National Forest and establish four new ones. All of the new areas are currently managed by the Forest Service as wilderness, emphasizing non-motorized settings and a natural environment. The legislation would make this type of management permanent.

Presently, the Wild Monongahela Act is awaiting action in the House Committee on Natural Resources, of which I am not a member. Please know that I will be sure to keep your views in mind when this legislation is addressed by the full House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for writing me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Jon C. Porter

Member of Congress

JCP/pc

This message was sent from an unattended mailbox. Please do not attempt to reply to this message. If you would like to reply to me, please click on the Contact Me link. Contact Me.

If you would like to subscribe to my Enewsletter please click on the Stay Informed link. Email Updates.

DISCLAIMER:

I cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this letter if it was not sent to you directly from my Congressional Email Account: JonPortermail@mail.house.gov. If you have any questions about the validity of this message, please call my Washington, DC office at: 202-225-3252.

Edited by SANDAWG

Dear Patrick:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 5151, the Wild Monongahela Act. I appreciate you taking the time to express your views on this important issue.

As you may know, my colleague, Representative Nick Rahall (D-WV), introduced the Wild Monongahela Act. This legislation seeks to expand three existing federal wilderness areas within the Monongahela National Forest and establish four new ones. All of the new areas are currently managed by the Forest Service as wilderness, emphasizing non-motorized settings and a natural environment. The legislation would make this type of management permanent.

Presently, the Wild Monongahela Act is awaiting action in the House Committee on Natural Resources, of which I am not a member. Please know that I will be sure to keep your views in mind when this legislation is addressed by the full House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for writing me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Jon C. Porter

Member of Congress

JCP/pc

This message was sent from an unattended mailbox. Please do not attempt to reply to this message. If you would like to reply to me, please click on the Contact Me link. Contact Me.

If you would like to subscribe to my Enewsletter please click on the Stay Informed link. Email Updates.

DISCLAIMER:

I cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this letter if it was not sent to you directly from my Congressional Email Account: JonPortermail@mail.house.gov. If you have any questions about the validity of this message, please call my Washington, DC office at: 202-225-3252.

:?: I call BS

I know Jon personally, I really need to write him.

Dear Patrick:

Sincerely,

Jon C. Porter

Member of Congress

JCP/pc

DISCLAIMER:

this is really BS. I wrote to express my opositiion to the bill and get this leteter/e-mail back!!!!!

Who is working in Porters office???????????????????????????????????? :headbang1::banghead::MBdance::boxer::flipoff: :dumbass: :dumbass:

• 1 month later...

this is really BS. I wrote to express my opositiion to the bill and get this leteter/e-mail back!!!!!

Who is working in Porters office???????????????????????????????????? :pics::assblast::dayum::mex::flipoff::flipoff::blink:

this one from John Ensin:

Better!

Thank you very much for contacting me about the proposed Omnibus Public Lands bill being considered in the U.S. Senate. I value the opinions of every Nevadan and am always grateful to those who take the time to inform me of their views.

The Omnibus Public Lands bill that you mention in your letter is a compilation of lands bills from all over the country. You should know that when it comes to public lands bills in states other than Nevada, I tend to give deference to the Congressional delegation of the relevant state because they should know the needs and desires of their constituency. Sometimes, outside Nevada, legislation is developed without soliciting or taking into account the opinions of all the interested parties, and this often leads to opposition that can make passage of the bill difficult. As other states work on public lands bills, I am hopeful that those delegations can follow Nevada's lead and reach consensus compromises with their diverse constituencies in the same manner we have in our state.

While I support increased natural resources protection where it is appropriate and makes sense, I believe lands bills must be balanced between conservation and other multiple uses of federal lands. During my service in Washington, I have worked to set aside millions of acres of land in Nevada specifically for environmental preservation, such as wilderness areas. These lands will be protected for future generations to enjoy. To that end, I have worked with the Nevada congressional delegation over the past seven years to pass into law three comprehensive land bills, including the Southern Nevada Public Land Management Act of 1998 (SNPLMA), which is widely recognized as a model for managing federal land in the West.