Onan diesel gen - anyones "uncle" sell them?

Doghouse

$8700 is too much to spend so I can get a better nights sleep and power more than I do right now. Does anyone out there have an "uncle" in the business that can help me get a better price on an Onan quiet DIESEL 12.5 kw generator? I have spent many hours researching this gen and it's prices from Vegas to San Diego to Colorado to Dallas.

Most stores in the Vegas area want $9910

Because of my relationship with Findlay VW I can get the gen locally from Findlay RV for $8700 but even that's a bunch of money.

Several of the vendors have complained to me that my generator I currently use drives them nuts on a quiet night.

I'd like to reduce the noise but I also intend to power another trlr as well as mine so a smaller gen isn't an option.

In order for me to provide a better service to Dumont visitors I have a plan to expand my presence there. That means I have to buy another trlr and man it with the same compliments I have in my trlr.

Since I already have the means to carry a big gen (my Freightliner) and the means to fuel the diesel gen (my twin hundreds) I don't want to buy and maintain 2 gens by using one for each trlr.

Does anyone know anyone that wants to see me get the 12.5 quiet diesel onan at a better price?

Any help is appreciated.

You might want to put together a list of each piece of equipment you will be running with the total peak power needed.

It might be cheaper to mount solar panels on your trailers.

Quiet, Quiet, Quiet.

Otherwise your only choice may be 2 generators mounted on your truck tied together.

I am looking into the situation for my 40' Toy Hauler.

You might want to put together a list of each piece of equipment you will be running with the total peak power needed.

It might be cheaper to mount solar panels on your trailers.

Quiet, Quiet, Quiet.

Otherwise your only choice may be 2 generators mounted on your truck tied together.

I am looking into the situation for my 40' Toy Hauler.

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I said I want an Onan 12.5 KW Quiet Diesel generator for less than $8700. Someone somewhere sells generators and right now is thinking to themselves "where can I find someone to buy this big a... generator I have sitting here on the showroom floor".

I think that someone out there sells these generators and may be willing to reduce their markup to get rid of one.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

$8700 is too much to spend so I can get a better nights sleep and power more than I do right now. Does anyone out there have an "uncle" in the business that can help me get a better price on an Onan quiet DIESEL 12.5 kw generator? I have spent many hours researching this gen and it's prices from Vegas to San Diego to Colorado to Dallas.

Most stores in the Vegas area want $9910

Because of my relationship with Findlay VW I can get the gen locally from Findlay RV for $8700 but even that's a bunch of money.

Several of the vendors have complained to me that my generator I currently use drives them nuts on a quiet night.

I'd like to reduce the noise but I also intend to power another trlr as well as mine so a smaller gen isn't an option.

In order for me to provide a better service to Dumont visitors I have a plan to expand my presence there. That means I have to buy another trlr and man it with the same compliments I have in my trlr.

Since I already have the means to carry a big gen (my Freightliner) and the means to fuel the diesel gen (my twin hundreds) I don't want to buy and maintain 2 gens by using one for each trlr.

Does anyone know anyone that wants to see me get the 12.5 quiet diesel onan at a better price?

Any help is appreciated.

I bought the generator since I couldn't get it anywhere else for less. The vending area around Doghouse will be much quieter come Christmas/New Years week!