RUST

Duner23

Anybody have any problems running their cars at pismo? Im looking to do day trips out of there and wanted to see if I keep the car away from the water if Rust wont be a problem. Thanks

I would coat all exposed metal parts with WD 40.

I wouldent waste my time with the WD40 before leaving because then you will gather salty sand in those spots you sprayed and it will stick throughout the day and start to eat at the metal.

I would (If you are doing day trips) just go and stay out of the water and rinse before you leave with one of the many power wash stations on tha way back to the freeway. Then when you get home rinse again and spray with WD40!!!!

I went there once, I used wd-40 and my friends used nothing. My Maico got a little rust on the pipe (heat burned off the wd) and my bars that I didn't spray had some surface rust. My friends toys had the same kind/amount of rust all over. If it's just a couple days and you wash it good after it shouldn't be a issue either way but if nothing is OK then a lubricant film couldn't hurt

Edited by RUn2it