Couple questions

VegasVinny

Call me a retard if you want, but is there any way to adjust the chain on a 1987 TRX 70? This thing was given to my daughter and has never seen any kind of maintenance. I cleaned the carb, switched out the fuel line, gas tank was in good shape so put fresh gas, and got it running. Took it down the drive way and back.

Some things I noticed, really bad clicking sound coming from the chain. The chain is ridiculously loose. I can lift it off the rear sprocket and take it right off. Any way to adjust it, or just get a new chain?

The rear sprocket is loose. It wobbles a little. How do I tighten that?

Lastly, if you give it full throttle, it bogs. Seems like its getting too much gas.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

On the left side if the 70 there is an adjustment. I belive its a 12mm. U have to reach it from the inside of the frame. Loosen and adjust it then re tighten. As far as the sprocket. If its loose. Then tighten the axle nut. That hold it all together. If u have problems just pm me and ill walk u through it.

Cole

also the rear sprocket has rubber isolators, so it may not technically be loose, it may just need some fresh ones.

i had to run mine with the choke on due to wrong jets and an aftermarket filter, you may not be gettin to much gas, it may be to much air.

:worthless_without_pics:

I still have yet to get back to working on the quad but I appreciate the pics and see what I need to do. One thing I noticed about the bike bogging, is that it runs good with the choke on. I know there are tons of threads on this, just need to figure out if its the jets or the timing points off. Not real familiar with timing.