It's here, It's Here, It's Merry Christmas to me

BigBlockTank

I have the same frame and running the same motor, . I was wondering what your spring rate on is on your shocks? I have the same shocks also. Thanks..

That is a good question, I don't know, yet. But I'll get back to you and let you know. Tell me, how do you like your car? How did you set up the shocks? I mean nitrogen pressures, how much compression on the springs? Tell me more please, this car hasn't been set-up completely, yet. But I'm working hard on to get it done. I had to work today (0500 hrs. to 1330 hrs.) but I'm leaving in a few to go home and work on it till toniight, late.

Thanks,

Tank

That is a good question, I don't know, yet. But I'll get back to you and let you know. Tell me, how do you like your car? How did you set up the shocks? I mean nitrogen pressures, how much compression on the springs? Tell me more please, this car hasn't been set-up completely, yet. But I'm working hard on to get it done. I had to work today (0500 hrs. to 1330 hrs.) but I'm leaving in a few to go home and work on it till toniight, late.

Thanks,

Tank

You know I am just in the build process and getting to the suspension and we are in the same boat no one seems to know what spring rate to run. I pretty much copied the expedition frame but made it wider. I am running a 3.5 motor w/o turbo. How do you like your motor? Your car is nice and I am always looking at your pics to reference it. Do you have any more?? The Honda motor weighs about 360 I think? What tranny are you running? I will keep you posted if I come up with any new info on the suspension. The front though seems pretty straight forward since there isn't really any angle.

I just talked with Off Road Warehouse in San Diego, they are emailing me a list of questions to help with determning compression and rate. If you would like I could forward it to you.

Yes, please. I would like to have that also. I have a friend in NM that is very knowledgable on buggys and he's helping me as well. I really like the way his car drives, and want mine very similar, not exact.

Thanks ASAgent,

Tank

You know I am just in the build process and getting to the suspension and we are in the same boat no one seems to know what spring rate to run. I pretty much copied the expedition frame but made it wider. I am running a 3.5 motor w/o turbo. How do you like your motor? Your car is nice and I am always looking at your pics to reference it. Do you have any more?? The Honda motor weighs about 360 I think? What tranny are you running? I will keep you posted if I come up with any new info on the suspension. The front though seems pretty straight forward since there isn't really any angle.

I'm sorry I missed this response yesterday. We had folks coming over to hang out by the fire pit and eat some chicken and dumplins.

I really like the 3.0 motor, with the 2-3 hrs. of seat time I have. It hauls the mail with me or with 3 other grown men in it too. Thanks for the compliment, I bought it the way it is, from Brad Gardner. He built it, with some assistence from some Phoenix area buggy shops. I won't say, because I'm not sure this minute. Tell me what pics you want and I'll send them to you. Send an email to debtanker@msn.com.

I really don't know what the motor weighs with the T-4 turbo and all the plunbing. The tranny is a Don's bus box, that on the invoice was about $3800(?) I think? It is very straight forward on shifting, not a gear missed the first and only time out with it. It's a very positive shifting, well working transmission. I'm in the process of building some chromoly tie rods. I just ordered the bare stock the other day. I'll drill, ream, and thread the ends for the new 3/4" heim joints. I have a machinist friend that will make some tapered bushings to install on the spindle side. That should take care of any steering slop in the front end.

Let me know what pics ya want, I'll try to get them, my car is up on jsackstands now, so it's not movable. I would be happy to get any shots I can that you want, let me know. If you find yourseld in Tucson, or close, let me know. We'll go play in the desert not too far from my house!!!

Tank

I'm sorry I missed this response yesterday. We had folks coming over to hang out by the fire pit and eat some chicken and dumplins.

I really like the 3.0 motor, with the 2-3 hrs. of seat time I have. It hauls the mail with me or with 3 other grown men in it too. Thanks for the compliment, I bought it the way it is, from Brad Gardner. He built it, with some assistence from some Phoenix area buggy shops. I won't say, because I'm not sure this minute. Tell me what pics you want and I'll send them to you. Send an email to debtanker@msn.com.

I really don't know what the motor weighs with the T-4 turbo and all the plunbing. The tranny is a Don's bus box, that on the invoice was about $3800(?) I think? It is very straight forward on shifting, not a gear missed the first and only time out with it. It's a very positive shifting, well working transmission. I'm in the process of building some chromoly tie rods. I just ordered the bare stock the other day. I'll drill, ream, and thread the ends for the new 3/4" heim joints. I have a machinist friend that will make some tapered bushings to install on the spindle side. That should take care of any steering slop in the front end.

Let me know what pics ya want, I'll try to get them, my car is up on jsackstands now, so it's not movable. I would be happy to get any shots I can that you want, let me know. If you find yourseld in Tucson, or close, let me know. We'll go play in the desert not too far from my house!!!

Tank

Sorry I have been away from the computer also, my wife and I just had twin boys about 3 weeks ago!!! Anyways they guy never emailed me regarding the spring rate but I did talk to Pacific Customs, they recommneded on the front 150 over 200lbs and the rear 350 over 400.

Would you take some pics of your steering set-up? I am picking up a 091 tranny this weekend, I am hoping it holds up... I am actually located up in Washington but I am from California. I would love to come down and pound the desert. We are going to Dumont for Thanksgiving this year. I will send you an email right now. Talk to you soon!

Also I bet that things hauls with the turbo???? I heard around 400 horse?

• 2 weeks later...

Again, I apologize for the long time to respond. I've had my car apart to get ready for our Mar 7th trip, new CV's, boots, and flanges for the rear end. I've got the front end apart to replace the urethane bushings with delrin bushings and building new tie rods, still. I had aluminum tie rods, and I'm building some from 4130 chromoly and changing to 5/8 Heim joints on the ends. It'll be alot less slop. I also took somebody's advice and clocked the CV's on the axles. I used a 3/8 rod and it was easy to do. I don't have high angle axles, but I did it any way.

Soon as I'm back together, I'll send some shots of the steering and front end.

debtanker@msn.com

BBTank

Edited by BigBlockTank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...