Duramax engine

andydew

I have a connection to pick up an '07 6.6 duramax engine with fire damage for $500. My guy states that the pwr. steering hoses blew, the oil ignited on the exhaust, and the whole top of the motor got fried. He tells me everything up top would have to be replaced, but I haven't seen it yet. I'm thinking about it for a "69 chevy short bed cruiser project I've been procrastinating on for about 5 years. I, too, need to "slow my roll", but this opportunity presented itself, and I was pretty sure I could trust the advice of some DDR peeps :ahhhhh:

So how bout it? Am I getting in over my head? What would be the costs involved replacing injectors, wiring harness, possibly the ecm, and whatever the heck else chevy's got up on top of the block? I'd upgrade to aftermarket on most components anyhow; is this a deal, or too much hassle? :laughoff:

:laughoff::laughoff: Any suggestions? :lol: :ahhhhh:

I have knowledge in this area lol

You can buy a good used Dmax for about 3500.00 on up. I paid 5500.00 for mine and it was a complete motor... go to thedieselplace.com and Mcratracing.com both are good sites with lots of parts... you can find what is needed and all the info needed there.

Capt

I have knowledge in this area lol

You can buy a good used Dmax for about 3500.00 on up. I paid 5500.00 for mine and it was a complete motor... go to thedieselplace.com and Mcratracing.com both are good sites with lots of parts... you can find what is needed and all the info needed there.

Capt

Right on; I haven't found any info yet, but thanks for the link; I'll be checking that out :DDR:

:woo_hoo:

Depending how handy you are with the tools is what would make me decide if I want to tackle something like that.

I say alot of work and probabley cheaper to buy new like Capt said..Just the injectors alone may cost you a little over a grand and who else knows what you will find wrong with it.. Most of the parts that are neeeing to be replaced will most likely come from the dealer where there are no price breaks ..

If you decide on what you want to do I may be able to help on the prices for the parts you need. i can get most stuff at cost and I would pass that along if needed..

Depending how handy you are with the tools is what would make me decide if I want to tackle something like that.

I say alot of work and probabley cheaper to buy new like Capt said..Just the injectors alone may cost you a little over a grand and who else knows what you will find wrong with it.. Most of the parts that are neeeing to be replaced will most likely come from the dealer where there are no price breaks ..

If you decide on what you want to do I may be able to help on the prices for the parts you need. i can get most stuff at cost and I would pass that along if needed..

Alright, I'll let you know if I end up getting it; I sure appreciate your offer :lol: