Used Car Checklist.....

JoeDuner

Im in the market to buy a used car for my teenage son. I am looking in the $2000-$3000 range, so I'm looking at 10 year old cars with roughly 100,000 miles. What should I be checking for when I look at the cars in person. I know the basics, but I'm sure there is stuff l'm missing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Im in the market to buy a used car for my teenage son. I am looking in the $2000-$3000 range, so I'm looking at 10 year old cars with roughly 100,000 miles. What should I be checking for when I look at the cars in person. I know the basics, but I'm sure there is stuff l'm missing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Joe, I been meaning to call you. Over the summer I picked up a Nissan Altima 1998 with 48,000 miles on it..

As soon as my truck gets out of the shop.(it goes in Monday for an A/C problem)I am thinking of selling this car and would rather drive my truck. The car has power windows, cruise, tilt, am/fm/cd player, front tires are at 95% rears at about 80%. A/C will blow you right out. I just don't fit in the car and now that I am selling the Maryland parkway store I don't need the Nissan. The car was owned by a friend of my mothers and I have all the papers on the maint. that was done. I had a motor mount replaced and a thermostat and the front brakes done right after I bought it. It has almost 50K on it now. The car is dependable and I would drive it anywhere without hesitation. It is a white/4 dr. GXE. I need $3750.00 for it. Here is the Blue book on it and I would consider the car in good to excellent condition. If your interested it would be a safe reliable car for your son. Let me know if your interested.

Terry

Excellent $4,260

Good $3,935

Fair $3,385

Thanks for the reply Terry. That's just more than I want to spend on my 17 year old. Sounds like a nice car though.

It's the old saying Joe" you pay me now or you pay me later" If you buy a car with 100K + miles how much are you going to spend on repairs? Call me I can work a little on the price and if you need a little time on the difference we can work something out don't you think?