Price of 5.7L?

iweb

sounds like your lookin at that truck on GD.com the #6 hole is shot. jegs, summit, your local gm parts counter? depends on what your lookin for really. Long block, short block, how much you lookin to salvage off the old motor and how much you lookin to spend?

Yep thats the one, my son wants to buy it and put in a motor so I guess cheapest is the plan. He bought the 2002 GMC in my other post, the tranny was bad so he bought a used one, put that one in and it blew after one trip to Vegas.

If you or your son has any mechanical skills tools (and time) rebuild is the best / cheapest option. The 350 IMO is one of the rock solid motors.

Your looking at $200-$400 on rebuild kit and probably $400-$800+ (depends on why cylinder #6 is low) in machine work.

crate motors are around 1800-3000 depends on what you want.

Or go to a junk yard and get one!!!

What is the price of a crate 1996 Chev. 5.7L motor? What about finding a shop to rebuild one?

Looking at a truck that has over 300k miles and one cylinder is dead.

Need a shop to do a rebuild, go to motor misson machine and radiator...talk to jimmy, they can do as much or little as you want to do...they do good work.....702-649-2367...just rebuld what you have and build it better than a crate motor...... :rzr: