need paddles for new vw rail

jeeperbill

Sorry I was excited and still new to the rail thing. It is a VW rail came with fronts and dirt tires in rear. I will get sizes when I get home. I know rims are VW pattern and 15 inch don't know back spacing. Thanks for the reminder feel like a little kid too excited to think straight lol.

Ok live and learn right. New rail is a 2180 mid engine with dual 44 weber carbs with turning breaks. 4 hole vw 15" rims. Still looking for 13.5x15 paddles. I was told I could go with a slightly larger tire but not too big. I will be the guy at dumont going real slow till I learn how to drive this thing. Planning on spending most of my time ridding the smaller hills on the north side. Any helpful hints are more than welcome.

Edited by jeeperbill

Ok live and learn right. New rail is a 2180 mid engine with dual 44 weber carbs with turning breaks. 4 hole vw 15" rims. Still looking for 13.5x15 paddles. I was told I could go with a slightly larger tire but not too big. I will be the guy at dumont going real slow till I learn how to drive this thing. Planning on spending most of my time ridding the smaller hills on the north side. Any helpful hints are more than welcome.

I wouldn't upsize the diameter unless you are sure it can handle it. Larger tires always look better, but unless your trans has been geared for it, you might find the engine struggling/bogging down on the hills, as this changes your "final gear ratio", so to speak. I had too tall of a ratio when I first started in the buggy scene, and It was a drag until I got it corrected. I ended up with 13.00 tires running a similar engine setup, putting out between 125-140 horses. It limited me to only 60 mph, but that's fast in the sand, and it allowed me to pull the same lines/ hills as my buddies with the v8 cars, because of the low final ratio.

I hope this helps; congrats, and have fun with the new toy. :ban-split: