EngineSwap

foolofsand

I noticed a lot of riders put in the Lifan engine into the ATC 70. I was wondering if anyone has put in a pit bike SSR engine into the 70? If so, do they bolt up, fitment etc. there are alot of these complete bikes for sale cheap and one would have all the electrics etc. kick start probably a problem. thanks

Pit Bike Motor/Engines-

The SSR motors you are referencing to are horizontal motors, I did a quick search to see what motors you are referring too.

ZongShen Engine

Jialing Engine

These are horizontal motors and should fit, of course the regular mods will be required intake exhaust. If it has electric start then the usual mods battery tray etc.

After reviewing the prices of the SSR bikes buying a motor would be cheaper then purchasing the bike as a whole. Of course I am looking at the 125cc motors in them….

Pit Bike Motor/Engines-

The SSR motors you are referencing to are horizontal motors, I did a quick search to see what motors you are referring too.

ZongShen Engine

Jialing Engine

These are horizontal motors and should fit, of course the regular mods will be required intake exhaust. If it has electric start then the usual mods battery tray etc.

After reviewing the prices of the SSR bikes buying a motor would be cheaper then purchasing the bike as a whole. Of course I am looking at the 125cc motors in them….

I can buy an entire ssr 125 used for $150. question is do these motors bolt right up to the 70 like the lifans or not? thanks

I can buy an entire ssr 125 used for $150. question is do these motors bolt right up to the 70 like the lifans or not? thanks

If the motor is horizontal it should fit, check and see what type of engine it is.

ZongShen Engine

Jialing Engine

Most if not all pit bike motors will fit, you will still need:

Intake

Exhaust

Pit bike horizontal motors should fit, intake and exhaust are usualy the parts that need to be modified to fit. the only concern i would think is if the electric starter is on top of the motor, other then that i dont see why it woldnt fit...

Snap a picture or check to see what type of motor it is.

Edited by Bustin-bs

not sure if a top mount estart would fit well, but most pitbikes are kick start anyways. if the one you get is a kicker check out hondaatc70.com, they should be able to hook you up with a pull start conversion. they have some cool chit over there and from what ive heard they are great to deal with, though I have no personal experience with them.

lets see some pics of whatever you end up with