2007 Funco Gen 4 Big 5

Buffalo

This Funco has been the absolute best, most dependable machine I’ve ever owned and I’m pretty bummed about having to sell it. Those I’ve ridden and camped with, along with all the Funco owners out there will confirm what this buggy is capable of. This is John’s (Outfront Motorsports) previous buggy.

I bought the car from John in June of 2009. At that time the car was completely stripped down to the frame. Mac (at Outfront) spent an entire week going over every inch of the frame, strengthening every possible gusset & joint. The new engine was John’s show motor from the Sand Sports Super Show in 2008 and the tranny was taken to Rancho for a complete rebuilt. Fresh powdercoat, all new belts, hoses, etc. The car was basically brand new in June of 2009. A year later I blew a head gasket and while tearing the motor down John noticed some things he didn’t like so we dropped in an entirely new short block. Since then I’ve had maybe 5 trips on the car. The motor is basically stock, with 6lbs of boost. Not crazy boost because I wanted longevity out of the car. I also wasn’t crazy about the seats so in August (2010) I replaced them with new Jet Trim seats and had Greg at Funco tab out the rear for buckets and build a box between the rear seats. Sorry, no pictures of that right now. Car lives in the trailer in Glamis but I’ll be there President’s Day if you’d like to have a look, go for a test drive or just come by and jawbone for a while.

On to the details:

Standard Items:

• 2007 Funco Gen 4, Big 5

• Outfront Subaru 3.0 Six Cylinder – New June 2010. Dyno’d at right around 475 hp on 6 lbs of boost

• Mendeola Sequential 5 Speed

• 934 CV’s, 300m Axles

• New paddles on the rear and Baja Pro’s, also new for the front

• Funco chrome kit, mainly front suspension arms, rack, etc

• 6 HID lights

• King shocks, front and rear, all possible bypasses front and rear

• Lunch box and matching Jet Trim leather cover

• Funco storage bags under seat

• Dual dash assemblies, drivers has 4 – 2 5/8 Glycerin Filled gauges, right side has radio setup

Custom Items:

• Tranny has Weddle Ring and Pinion and all possible upgrades to date including steel forks, 6 dog integral gear stacks, case has been completely polished

• Outfront Bellhousing

• LED gear indicator

Brand New Jet Trim Seats – Too new for most of the pictures

• Rugged Radio system (4), car to car for both driver and passenger & iPod hookup. 4 Headsets

• NEW Lowrance HDS-5 Baja GPS

• Custom expanded metal floor in front

• Oversized radiator with two super high flow 16" fans

• Custom radiator scoop and valance

• Custom gas filler design for easy valance removal

• Power Steering with all stainless hard lines

• Mechanical Fuel, Boost, Oil Pressure and Water Temp Gauges (all glycerin filled)

• Huge 7 x 18" custom Air Filter

• 300 m axles

• Outback bars & X brace bars over head

• Heavy Duty Inner Tie Rod upgrade for steering rack

This is the best motor / tranny combo I’ve had to date. Some say the 3.0 has a slightly sluggish lower end but the GT30 turbo spools up as soon as you touch the gas. Combined with the top end of this motor, it seems to have the best of both ends (snappy 4 cyl & V8 grunt) I change the oil every 50 gal of fuel, service the CV’s every other trip and am pretty meticulous about detailing my equipment. I dune hard but take good care of my car and service it very regularly! This is NOT a drag or wheelie car so I don’t drop the clutch and hammer it. This car reacts best in the deep dunes; doing things must cars only dream of doing.

This is not a fire sale. I paid top dollar for the car because it was worth it but I’m also realistic about today’s economy. That said, I’m selling the car for $45,000 OBO. If you want a $30,000 Funco, this is not your car but there are plenty out there and you’ll have a blast in any of them!

For now, here are a few pictures. Sorry but I’ll take more on Presidents Day of the interior, dash, etc. NOTE: The new Jet Trim seats are not shown in most of these shots.

Call for more photos or infomration. Thanks for looking.

Steve

760-522-1218

post-7442-094467400 1297310576_thumb.jpg

post-7442-018473100 1297310604_thumb.jpg

post-7442-032844300 1297310622_thumb.jpg

post-7442-021316300 1297310655_thumb.jpg

post-7442-033596400 1297310783_thumb.jpg