Extending my trailing arms.

Just Mike

Just wondering if anyone knows how much angle I can put on the axles going back from the center of the cv flange on the trans. I want to build new trailing arms about 2" longer to balance the car better. the axles come out almost dead straight right now. Thanks for any input.

Edited by Malibu Mike

Aahh, I misread. You're lengthening the wheel base.

Again though, the bind angle in the cv is your only mechanical limitation. I've heard a couple of inches makes a big difference in the car's characteristics, such as wheelie-ing.

I sort of figured it would be the same as I would set them for the travel but was not sure do to it having to angles now instead of just up and down. They are 930's by the way. I am doing this to make it less whellie happy. I love to wheelie but not every where. Hoping to get some weight more forward.

I believe a 930 is good for 30 degrees. I'm thinkin they bind @ 33. 2" may or may not be enough :dunno: , but it's definetly going to help :thumb:

I never run mine more than 24 but like to keep them at 22