Best way to rent a dirtbike and/or quad for Dumont?

vegasx5

I searched the forums and found a thread from about 2 years ago with basically the same question, but I was wondering if there was any updated information on the best way to rent out at Dumont.

I'm coming down with a friend to meet up with her friends who are camping there for the Thanksgiving weekend with a Rhino, but I was hoping to get 2 more vehicles so we can enjoy the dunes too. I'm hoping to find a dirtbike for myself and a quad for her, but I'm flexible too. I'll be driving down from Vegas and although I have an SUV, I have no hitch and the only available one I can find costs a small fortune (for a BMW X5).

I've searched for companies who offer rentals including delivery, and I've searched though craiglist but everyone seems to either be booked that weekend or doesn't service Dumont. Do you guys have any advice on where to look or who to contact? Thanks!

I know you can rent from ATV Cycle Sports on Craig off the 15. He has a couple bikes including a SUPER nice yfz450 (The quad) and a few others. Just BS with him and he should give you a decent deal. The 450 is 300 day, but SUPER nice. he has a coupld others including a 400 for about $150. He told me he would put paddle on them. Worst thing is they are NOT tagged for California riding. Just don't do anything stupid. I didn't see any 2 wheelers though. He can rent trailers but I see you can't tow so I'm not sure. Check eTrailers.com for a hitch, if you haven't already.

You can rent a truck from Uhaul. A 17' box can haul 4 standard ATVs or you could rent a F150 from them. You may fit bikes in bed or rent a trailer.

Only other thing I can think of is hopefully someone here will be going down and have room.

I would take a look at ATV Cycle Sports also. Tell them Las Vegas Atv Tours sent you. They have a couple 400's and 450's they rent. I have smaller 250's we use for the tour rentals but aren't really good for dumont. If I can be of any help please give us a call. We will be going there for Thanksgiving. May be able to bring them in my trailer for you. 702-750-9751 Mike