Running off an inverter

sandawg

If I run the little stuff, lights, TV DVD player etc. but no microwave on the 800 watt inverter, how long would it take to drain two 6 volt batteries? If I run a small 1K gerenator during the days will that be enough to keep the batteries up? Don't really watch too much TV on my trips and hate to run the installed 4K genreator, burns too much gas and is noisy when I'm inside the trailer.

the biggest user would be the TV, we did this with our WW TH when we had it and we could run 3-4 hours easy on the Sams club 6V batts and that is without the 1000 gen... so I'd say as long as you keep up the maintenance on the 6V batts that you would be set if you used that gen during the day to top off the batts.. what allot of folks do as heaters take allot of batt power too is run the 1000 all night and let it run out (sometime thru the night, :tweeker: your out a half gallon or so of gas) and you will never have to worry about it... just my :2cents:

Thanks neighbor! I've never run the batteries down ast night but I've never used the inverter that much. I''m going to give the camp some releif by not running the big Gen as much. My propane tanks have a mind or their own and have run one tank out twice causing the fan to run and push out cold air and me to freeze.

Wish I knew how long it takes the charger to fill the batteries. I have one of those smart chargers.

Thanks

Pat, on a small inverter like you have you shouldn't have to re-charge the batteries for more than a couple of hours max. If you have the ability on the smart charger to adjust the amount of charge going to the batteries you can set it on high when you need to charge the batteries for the night. i usually run my gen fo a couple of hours just before and during dinner and then I am good to go all night. I know my system is a little different but that should work for you. Alos you could get the "smart charger" model # and google it. It should give you your charging times.