Anyone know a place in Las Vegas to get Elka Shocks revalved?

flavtfan

I would just send them back to Elka. it's your best bet to get good results.

How much did you pay for them? are they the right shocks for your bike? LT for the 450r and ST for the 450. depends on A-Arms.

I was looking at some used shocks, but i didn't want to mess with revalving, and/or not knowing what they were set-up for. seems like so many that sell the shocks don't know what they are set for. i am sure a revalve and new springs will be in order for the weight difference.

I got a black Friday deal on shocks and A-Arms (parts being made and powder coated still) and i paid about $1150 in the package rate for brand new Stage 4s.

Yeah they are the right ones....I'm keeping standard travel. Got them for 550 they were just serviced for a 175 lb rider and he decided to go LT. He has the receipt for the service too. They are in excellent shape. That's a killer deal on your shocks rap, shame I couldn't come across that. Wonder how much it would cost to set mine up for 225 pound rider?

The package i got is a black friday deal through Houser. I got the Stage 4s, LT +2.25" YFZ Blue A-Arms, brake lines, and brake line clamps all in the package. they offering it to everyone.

I am guessing $150 per shock. how much does the receipt say the service was?? i bet it's the same price, maybe more if they have to put on different springs. Plus shipping.

But that's not too bad, about $850 into the shocks.

I have my fingers crossed that all this money is going to be worth it. I will be +8.5" total in the front and about +7" in the rear when i'm done. Arms and shocks should be shipping next week, I hope.

yeah the yfz beats me to death on the weekends the dunes were worn in pretty good. my shocks are pretty stiff and i have preload out as far as i can get it and compression low...still kinda stiff. he has a guy that comes to the race track he goes to that set them up for him for 200...Matt Blommel. i won't get that kind of price around here but i think i might try and maybe get ishock to set them up for me. i hear they are pretty good and shipping won't be that bad to san diego. i also talked to lazarus sommers from GTThunder and he said he can revalve and respring for 395 for the pair so he's got me thinking. that is one killer deal. i'm not wanting LT though.

the Raptor is lot tippier then the YFZ, I was already +2 in the front from the wheels i have but that didn't really seem to help. i did the front wheels and mohawk style sand tires at the same time. after i did the fronts the bike seemed to be worse for stability in corners, but maybe i was just going faster to... I think the combo of the tires and tippy raptor, along with my limited seat time is my issue. My last trip was pretty good though, just some random rear end sliding that i didn't like.

I just get the mod bug and end up throwing money at my toys. I never had a chance to ride a 450 and compare for myself. Won't be a fair comparison after i get all the suspension on, not that a 450 is won't be good.

That is $950 then to get the shocks set-up. I decided to go new, for the package price, and knowing what i was getting without having to revalve. I am 185ish, so i could run anything tuned for 175-195-ish so it's possible to find, but i would always wonder if the shocks were actually right. Houser suggested a couple places ( i am sure not in Vegas) to redo my stockers but i didn't really pay attention since i wasn't planning on going that way. To me the $395 is a decent rate.

I know houser was having a Black Friday Shock sale to. not sure what that would mean for a price on just shocks.