Who has experience with 13B Rotary? I need help

nwtdiesel

I have a N/A 13B rotary in my car and it has decent power but of course I want more. I have been reading a bunch and most say the compression is too high to turbo the N/A. Is that true or can I throw some boost at it? I'm thinking 3-5psi nothing crazy yet. What is the best carbs to run? Can anyone here go through mine and rebuild them for some extra cash? Is there a easy fuel injection kit to throw on it or should I stick with carbs? Thanks

I run a rotary in my rail so I have some experience with them. I wouldn't call myself an expert. Here are a few tidbits that might help. Yes, you can run low boost. Might need to add some race gas to up the octane. Best would be the turbo rotors and even better is the housings for them. The turbo intake has four runners and yours probably has six so it is basically an engine change. For some increase in power, consider an aggressive street port. Templates are available from the rotary performance houses. It will still idle good and pull much harder at upper rpm's. If you want more, you're getting into J porting or the ultimate, peripheral ports. Weber and Holley carbs are used with rotary's and intakes are available. Fuel injection is better with the four port intakes since that is what most systems are available for. You can get older Haltec computers cheap, they work good. I use MSD coils and boxes for ignition. Hope that helps.