Also posted somewhere else. Where are we headed?

sandawg

sted Today, 05:08 PM

I have to add something! First.... I'm super happy they weren't hurt worse than they were.

I monitor a "scanner" when I'm at Dumont and happened to be listening when the Air flight was trying to get patient information while in bound @ 21 minutes out. I heard them ask three times for a patient up date. 21 minutes out, 5 minutes out and 4 minutes out. The radio communication was horrible and the Rangers/Sheriff didn't appear to be able to hear the aircraft. I heard it fine with my scanner.

I'm not positive but I don't think the medic got the info he had been requesting until Flight was on the ground. Not good if they are to be prepared to treat a victim before they arrive especially if there is a critical injury.

Since they didn't do a "Hot Load", meaning the injury was critical and they rush to get off the ground to beat the "Golden Hour" to the medical facility, I had to assume that the gentleman and his daughter were going to be OK.

What hurts me is that I am "Cop Friendly" and had a very close friend that used to be assigned to Dumont from the Needles Office of BLM. No more and I don't know why. If I had to give the majority of law enforcement a review for their service this Presidents weekend I would score them about a 4 or 5 out of 10.

There have been so many negative changes in the last 2 years I just don't know where Dumont is headed but I am just about ready to tell BLM that I would never again purchase a yearly pass with holidays. No more discount for early purchase, non support of the annual Clean Up....etc.....etc.....etc.

Another point. Who is running Dumont now? The San Bernardino Sheriffs Office or BLM.

Any chance BLM is monitoring DDR for input, I doubt it!! At least Larry Blaine used to work for us and look at our site since he understood that Dumont furnished most or at least a good portion of their operating budget.

Oh, since I'm on a roll. Why and the hell can't they hire a grader operator that knows what they are doing. I watched a grader operator spend over an hour trying to cover up a "Worm" right next to our camp site.

Also why in the Hell can't they grade and water down the entrance road a couple of days before Friday for those of us that purchase yearly passes and have to drive in on a road that is a 10 or 15 MPH road but the Friday people can cruise in at 25 plus MPH?

For those that saw a post I made a while back that I wrote an e-mail to the State Of California person in charge of Dumont......I never got any reply! Yup Terry, no response as you predicted. I better sign off now as I am getting so worked up on what is going on with Dumont and a lot of other off road areas that we should be entitled to use without all the B.S.

Time for a drink! I'm fed up with what is going on at Dumont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by sandawg, Today, 05:21 PM.

LIFE'S JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE SHOULDN'T BE WITH THE INTENTION OF ARRIVING
IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE,
THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY SHOUTING,

HOLY SH*T.....WHAT A RIDE !

That's very frustrating Pat, I understand and agree with you. But there is a bright side. You can still go to, use, and enjoy Dumont. Meaning, it has not been shut down to the public (yet :pray: hopefully it stays that way).

Something I learned at my last job is there are some people that have ZERO interest is what others think, feel, or bring to the table that could help in any way! This seems to be the case with the current management in charge.

It seems that there have not been many complaints about LEO contact this past holiday weekend, maybe there has been some effect on enforcement of laws due to the amount of public complaint. It sure would be nice to hear that from someone in the know.

I've learned that if there is no ear willing to listen, then there is no reason to waste words that have no effect.

typically it takes things to get the an extreme level before anything is done. Many offroaders don't want to and/or don't have the time to go to meetings and let their feelings be known. As well as many off roaders are their own worst enemy. One person, no matter how great they are doing is only one voice. To make a difference we have to stand together, and that means not with 100 different things, but to get the basics of service that we pay for as users of Dumont.

Adam,

A couple of folks attended the last meeting in Barstow. Rocket is a retired Law Enforcement Officer and when he tried to make suggestions or just share some ideas he was shut down. He was respectful and is a caring Duner. He left with a sour taste in his mouth the way he was treated. They don't even want to listen when we are there. Rocket drove from Orange County Calif and I was there from Vegas as was Terry. Even Terry is about to give up on trying to save Dumont for those of us that are willing and able to help!

So how many folks have been to a meeting, as you say is needed, regardless of how many subjects are addressed?

There are many people out there that just don't like duners, offroaders, or anyone that wants to have fun in a way they don't like. I have seen comments from people on other sites that are just plain ignorant, and intolerant. It seems to be the way people in the USA are these days.

If the management won't listen it's tough, and I know other ways haven't worked either. Hopefully Dumont can survive during this time, as the management will change again at some point.

I did notice a change, for the positive, on vendor row over Presidents weekend. I'll take it, and hope for more in the future.

It's easy to ignore one, two, five... pleasant people asking you to do something you don't want to. Someone coming in being an a$$ destroys 50 people trying to be pleasant and helpful. It's much harder to ignore 20, 30, 50 people asking for change. It may not be an easy road to get things done, but for a long time it's been just one, two, or a handful of people getting things done and it's worked, now more people are needed.