WEIGHT DIST. BARS

sxcross

CAN ANYONE TELL ME BRIEFLY ON HOW TO SET UP THE WEIGHT DIST. BARS WHEN I LOAD MY TRAILER I SEEM TO GET ABOUT 2.5" INCHES OF SAG IN THE REAR I HAVE A 00 F250 AND A 29' FT HAULER. HOW ABOUT BALL HEIGHT ON THE TRUCK IF THE TRAILER COUPLER IS AT ABOUT 20" FROM THE GROUND WHERE SHOULD THE BALL HT. BE I FEEL LIKE I'M SAGGING TOO MUCH AND MY TRAILER DIVES DOWN. ALSO THE BARS ARE ANGLED UPWARD TO THE TRAILER I BELIEVE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE LEVEL WITH THE TONGUE.I KNOW THIS CAN BE TIME CONSUMING BUT WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP.

First thing you want to do is have your hitch adjusted so your trailer is fairly level-to-slightly high in the front went it first rests down on the ball (w/o completely letting it down with the jack).

Next, BEFORE you let the tongue jack down, latch the tongue on the ball and raise the trailer back up a little ways.

Now......install the weight-dist bars and crank them up using whatever link on the chain of the bars that allows a good amount of tenision. (With the truck and trailer raised a bit with the tongue jack, it makes it much easier to allow more weight off the hitch.)

Now lower the tongue jack and see how level you are. If you are still nosed down on the trailer, you'll need to raise your hitch. Don't forget, you WILL sag your truck a little bit. Some tongue weight is good to keep that trailer stright behind you.

As for the bars, it depends on the model you have as far as how the angle of them is supposed to be. Most of them end up being pretty straight (level) or slightly angled down when installed properly.

Hope this helps. This way has always worked great from my experience and I tow a 35ft tag toyhauler and have NO problems. :D

First thing you want to do is have your hitch adjusted so your trailer is fairly level-to-slightly high in the front went it first rests down on the ball (w/o completely letting it down with the jack).

Next, BEFORE you let the tongue jack down, latch the tongue on the ball and raise the trailer back up a little ways.

Now......install the weight-dist bars and crank them up using whatever link on the chain of the bars that allows a good amount of tenision. (With the truck and trailer raised a bit with the tongue jack, it makes it much easier to allow more weight off the hitch.)

Now lower the tongue jack and see how level you are. If you are still nosed down on the trailer, you'll need to raise your hitch. Don't forget, you WILL sag your truck a little bit. Some tongue weight is good to keep that trailer stright behind you.

As for the bars, it depends on the model you have as far as how the angle of them is supposed to be. Most of them end up being pretty straight (level) or slightly angled down when installed properly.

Hope this helps. This way has always worked great from my experience and I tow a 35ft tag toyhauler and have NO problems. :D

THANKS, FOR YOUR TIME I,LL TRY THIS OUT AND I,M HOPING TO BE ABLE TO RIDE WITH YOU GUYS ON SAT. I CAMP IN THE WASH FOR THE SAFETY AND FUN FOR MY KIDS TO BE ABLE TO RIDE THE TERRAIN DOWN THERE

THANKS, FOR YOUR TIME I,LL TRY THIS OUT AND I,M HOPING TO BE ABLE TO RIDE WITH YOU GUYS ON SAT. I CAMP IN THE WASH FOR THE SAFETY AND FUN FOR MY KIDS TO BE ABLE TO RIDE THE TERRAIN DOWN THERE

:cripple: right on, good luck. Hope to see you for the ride. :finger::D

when hooked up, does your tongue point down, flat or up?

echo what DF said about the dist bars, and putting them on. a power tongue jack makes it soooooo much easier too!!

when hooked up trailer goes down bars go up drastically when tension is strong, think I need to raise the ball :cripple: