St Anthony

gbrsand

To both of you. FYI. Don't know where you are planning to stay but the Sept dates of the 1-15 include Labor Day and the UTV invasion at Idaho Dunes RV Park. Better not wait too long to make reservations at Sand Hills or Idaho Dunes RV. Egin Lake, BLM campground doesn't take reservations so it's 1st come 1st serve. Good luck on that one. Late July can get pretty warm up there. The UTV invasion is a huge event and at IDRV you have to reserve early and chances are that you will be dry camping as the other sites sell out very early I was General Manager at IDRV for 4 years. I'm doing something else next year.  Good luck and enjoy the largest, baddest dunes in the country.

Edited by sandawg

1 hour ago, sandawg said:

To both of you. FYI. Don't know where you are planning to stay but the Sept dates of the 1-15 include Labor Day and the UTV invasion at Idaho Dunes RV Park. Better not wait too long to make reservations at Sand Hills or Idaho Dunes RV. Egin Lake, BLM campground doesn't take reservations so it's 1st come 1st serve. Good luck on that one. Late July can get pretty warm up there. The UTV invasion is a huge event and at IDRV you have to reserve early and chances are that you will be dry camping as the other sites sell out very early I was General Manager at IDRV for 4 years. I'm doing something else next year.  Good luck and enjoy the largest, baddest dunes in the country.

Thank you for the information 

Thanks Sandawg for the info last year we went Tuesday after labor day and stayed at Sand Hills thinking about trying Idaho Dunes this trip, liked Egin Lake but we travel about 14 hrs so want to know we have a place we will be making reservations by early January. How warm is it in late July? My self I love the heat but don't want to cook my wife.

It was in the high 80's this last year. We had a long heat spell. If your thinking about Idaho Dunes RV don't wait to long to make your reservation. The place is hopping and fills up quick. Go to their website at idahodunesrv.com and watch the reservations so you'll know when to jump.