adding another fuel cell/larger fuel tank

Richard Cheese

has anyone done it? I have a smaller trailer with an 18 gal tank for the genny & the pump station. it works well with just the quads, but now i have the ranger, and that thing is a gas guzzler :chev_bowtie:

there is plenty of room inside the frame for a bigger tank. I was thinking about heavy duty poly tank, instead of an aluminum, or steel tank, for non-corrosive purposes

what do you guys think?

i have a box trailer with a motor home. i showed you the pics. anywase, i had a 70 gal fuel cell biult under the boxtrailer no problem .if theres room they can do it .just be mindfull of the weight. gas ways approx 8lbs to the gallon. you dont want to much tail weight = fishtailing .to much front weight = broken hitch .do the math try to make the trailer axels do the work with emphises on a lil tounge weight :D. mine waas set with all tounge weight but mine is a box trailer so i dont have all those living goodies in it gl :D

i have a box trailer with a motor home. i showed you the pics. anywase, i had a 70 gal fuel cell biult under the boxtrailer no problem .if theres room they can do it .just be mindfull of the weight. gas ways approx 8lbs to the gallon. you dont want to much tail weight = fishtailing .to much front weight = broken hitch .do the math try to make the trailer axels do the work with emphises on a lil tounge weight :D. mine waas set with all tounge weight but mine is a box trailer so i dont have all those living goodies in it gl :D

the gvwr is 10,000 lbs. dry weight is just under 5000. the water tanks (100 gallons) are in the front, as is the batteries, propane, fridge....most of the living stufff, ahead of the axles.

the current fuel cell is right behind the rear axle. I was thinking it wouldnt be a problem to go with like a 50 gal, if my current was 18...that would come out to about and extra 256 lbs. that is livable.

who did your fuel cell?

do you think a poly tank would hold up???

Actually gas only weighs about 5.8-6.5 lbs per gallon depending on temp, water however weighs in at 8.33lbs per gallon. :freakin_nuts: