Stacker systems

Ross and Alice

Ross My buddy is trying to get a custom built 47 ft 5thwheel Weekend Warrior, with a stacker instead of the Bunk beds

Yeah we went in and were amazed they've never done it or considered doing it.

We have 5 quads, and may eventually get a 4 pass ride of some sort.

We were surprise how little a 40 footer holds, well I mean how much the cool floor plan we liked holds, and figured they had a solution with stackers.

They told me they never did it.

If your friend pulls it off it'd make for a great threadworthy DDR story.

Keep us up dated if you can.

I considered a stacker, but teh cost didnt justify it. I think the big problem with a stacker toyhauler will be weight. I have a 50 ft race trailer (GN) and you need a real good truck to pull it.

A stacker toy hauler at 44-47 ft....would be 25k lbs easy. Ive loaded mine up to 29k and I dont think any new truck could pull it well. My truck makes 550 rwhp and 1100 ft lbs to do it.

The other problem is that most stackers are tags....and towing a 30 ft tag is way harder then towing my 50 ft GN cause I can go 90 degrees to my trailer easily to swing it around. I will never go back to a tag. A GN is easier to hook up, and manuever then a 20 ft car hauler opentrailer.