rebuilding shocks on an r/c car

seibelduner

I use to race them for a few years, it has been a while, but what is your question that you have and if I know I will try and help you.

what kind of oil should i use??? does any body carry progressive springs? and do i need new shock boots?

what kind of oil should i use??? does any body carry progressive springs? and do i need new shock boots?

if your leaking,,new o rings,,weight of oil depends on the size of the car and what your doing with it,,i think your car ,,you should go 5o wt all around for having fun,,,new boots only helps the sand or dirt from getting in....check your cars website,,i believe you have an 1/8 scale right??? any shock oil will do losi,assc,or trinity,,your spring rate, if you want to go stiffer put some spacers in......

Edited by rhino king

yes what he said on oil

as far as any springs fitting they dont all interchange though. you will find different diameters of springs as in losi and associated for example a losi is bigger in diameter so upon some decent compression you will push a losi spring right through an associated bottom cup if you are going to cross springs on manufacturers i would buy the upper and lower cups to accomadate the spring brand. i have had to do this over the years and that was always on 1/10th scale trucks and buggies. so an 1/8th would have more weight and more of an issue. i recently had to do this with my rock crawlers i built i wanted losi springs because of the greater variety but i already had associated shocks so buy rpm spring cups for a losi and walla problem solved.

next question you pm'ed me was about progressive springs. progressive suspension just happens to be in your home town and they used to have an r/c line and they made progressive rate springs. so call em up or go see them they are off eucalyptus and i ave