Computer question

iweb

I have wireless internet and this laptop works fine, new Dell and it did all the work to find the wireless. Wife has old laptop with Win 2K and I got a wireless pmcia card and loaded the drivers and it will not even look for the wireless.

What can I do? Talk in computer idiot words pls. Thanks.

I have wireless internet and this laptop works fine, new Dell and it did all the work to find the wireless. Wife has old laptop with Win 2K and I got a wireless pmcia card and loaded the drivers and it will not even look for the wireless.

What can I do? Talk in computer idiot words pls. Thanks.

If you sure the drivers are installed, and that the computer recognized the card. Go to start, control panel, network connections, w2k might say network places, i cant remember for sure. anyhow, look for your wireless connection. is it there? if so, right click over the wireless network connection, go to properties, then start clicking the subtabs at the top. You should find one window that will have a box where you can put a checkmark in it, next to the box it says something like, "let windows find the wireless network." Again make sure its checked. If that doesnt work. Try reinstalling the drivers. Hope this helps.

First off lets get the equiptment squared away.

What kind of wireless router?

What kind of Wirless card did you buy?

If your router is only setup to broadcast G and you bought a B card then you have adjustments to make..

Thanks guys, my son came in from Phoenix and had it going in 5 minutes, had to set up a lan or something. A guy at work told me to do the same a couple of weeks ago but I guess I didn't do it right.