My first time report.

DIRTADDICT

I have been a Glamis local for nearly 10 years. I had never been to Dumont. I went this weekend and was pleasantly surprized. Things I noticed were that it was waaaay mellow compared to the amount of crazy people that seem to flock to G. And it was beautiful to camp right up to the dunes. Although I do prefer the shear amount of riding area Glamis has to offer over dumont, I will definately be back when time or weather may be an issue.

One question I have is about trying to get into the back side of the dunes to camp? Do people do this? Our group has 5 kids that all ride from 40ccs up to 250ccs and they all stay near camp. The smaller dunes in the back part kind of east of everything look perfect for this. I didn't get a chance to really scout out a path back there for my rig. My 5'ver ways 18,500lbs and I don't want to get stuck.

Is there a way back there?

Thanks guys.

There are ways back there but camping is off limits back there...

Your best bet is the Little dunes right off of the 127.. Lots of familys with little ones like going out there because the dunes are small and right there as well..

A good option is little Dumont just before the main enterance as you come north from the 15. Good hardpack area to camp. Great little dunes to learn in. Also, not very far from the main riding area and or vendors. :assblast::lol:

Welcome to DDR. :2cents::slap::lol:

Damn Nick, beat me to the punch again...Fat Guys Rule :dance: :whoop::grin:

Edited by mredgy