Cracking Fiberglass!

aseman

Have any of you experienced the front smooth fiberglass cap showing signs of cracking along the side?? Mine seems to be showing spiral and spider cracks along just one side vertically, right near the side weather strip?? It actually looks like it starts under the weather strip where it's screwed down. Do any of you know of this problem?? I believe that it may be from stress due to the hold-down screws not put in properly, again just on one side?? :lol:

I took my 2007 23 ft. attitude into Eclipse mfg. and they claim it's nothing to be worried about, just a aesthetic (outside look) issue; May have been from the material or workmanship, but I'm a couple of months out of warranty so I would have to pay. I believe it is something to be worried about, especially passing moisture, etc...as the cracks seem to keep devoloping, and getting larger! :flipoff:

I was also told that the repair would just consist of bondo then fiberglass re-coat. I don't know if I can trust bondo to keep stress cracks from spreading! :lol:

Our Raptor is having issues with the front cap warping. We also had some warp issues with the siding. Keystone is going to take care of it in March.

yeah I checked for warpage and it's good. The finish (white portion of the fiberglass) just keeps cracking? And it's isolated to just this one area, no where else on the trailer?

yeah I checked for warpage and it's good. The finish (white portion of the fiberglass) just keeps cracking? And it's isolated to just this one area, no where else on the trailer?

I'd still have them fix it. Otherwise, you'll be stuck trying to explain it someday when you sell it.

I'd still have them fix it. Otherwise, you'll be stuck trying to explain it someday when you sell it.

Yeah, true. Well I did leave it there, unhappily, so it will be getting fixed at my expense. They offered a cheaper price to do it.