crf 450 help

motoxman30

now ive been havin alot of problems with my bike :laughing::dope:

there has been alot of money put into it by the guy before me and it just seems to be a problem

couple of questions

first...my rear sprocket went from a 52 tooth to practically nothing and the chain stretched out a few inches

does anyone know where i can get a stock chain and sprocket set

also the rub plate on the swing arm is gettin torn up and i need another one of those...price and location??

and the final thing that has really been buggin me is the oil

i know a couple people with 450s who say the transmission oil and the crankcase oil are different

they say my motor should have already blown up

i read the manual and it gives a list of different things and it says u can put HP4 in both

ive been runnin the same oil and not a problem

am i right or wrong?

now ive been havin alot of problems with my bike :dope::cry:

there has been alot of money put into it by the guy before me and it just seems to be a problem

couple of questions

first...my rear sprocket went from a 52 tooth to practically nothing and the chain stretched out a few inches

does anyone know where i can get a stock chain and sprocket set

also the rub plate on the swing arm is gettin torn up and i need another one of those...price and location??

and the final thing that has really been buggin me is the oil

i know a couple people with 450s who say the transmission oil and the crankcase oil are different

they say my motor should have already blown up

i read the manual and it gives a list of different things and it says u can put HP4 in both

ive been runnin the same oil and not a problem

am i right or wrong?

I dont know what parts store you have local.....but, got to rockymountainatv.com or motosport.com for you chain and sprockets. If you are running this bike in the sand, DO NOT but aluminum rear sprockets. They are to weak and will be ruined by the end of the day. As far as the oil, you can use hp4 on the motor side. For the tranny side run the honda tranny oil(comes in a tall red squirt bottle. Also, check out crfsonly.com :laughing:

I dont know what parts store you have local.....but, got to rockymountainatv.com or motosport.com for you chain and sprockets. If you are running this bike in the sand, DO NOT but aluminum rear sprockets. They are to weak and will be ruined by the end of the day. As far as the oil, you can use hp4 on the motor side. For the tranny side run the honda tranny oil(comes in a tall red squirt bottle. Also, check out crfsonly.com :laughing:

already tried rocky mountain atv

and i read in the manual that it said u can use HP4 on both sides

if uve got it could u read it and let me know if im misunderstanding it

You can run HP4 in both sides...just don't run HP4M / with moly in the trans. HP4M in the motor only. Also...you should use the same weight in the motor and trans.

If you allow the chain to run loose, it will eat at the slider or rub plate. It can also contact the inside of the frame. Use an o-ring chain, they will not stretch as much. Also...you will get 2 to 1 wear with steel vs aluminum sprockets

You can run HP4 in both sides...just don't run HP4M / with moly in the trans. HP4M in the motor only. Also...you should use the same weight in the motor and trans.

If you allow the chain to run loose, it will eat at the slider or rub plate. It can also contact the inside of the frame. Use an o-ring chain, they will not stretch as much. Also...you will get 2 to 1 wear with steel vs aluminum sprockets

i was thinkin of just switchin back to stock

my buddys still got the stock chain sprocket and rub plate after 2 years and he rides in the sand all the time

and the quads have still got stock sprockets on em

where can i get this stuff???

I buy my chains and sprockets at Rocky Mountain ATV / MC. Cheaper!!!!!!

rocky mtn is always cheaper...i get my 2 stroke oil for my jet ski there for $6 less

but rocky mtn atv only has one type of chain and sprocket set

should i just buy each one seperate?