Southern California DynoTuning

At 98F* in Southern California, we're getting a hot weather dynotune but how much difference will it make if we're getting a cool weather dynotune? Is a full dynotune the best bet when the temp cools down? I suppose it's all depends on where we rides. I lives nearby and rides at Oceano Dunes daily averages at 67F*.

I'm just curious as what your thoughts.

As long as they are set up with the BIG fans to keep the semi cool air pumping thru the intake & radiator then it should be ok..JMO

Just compesate for the hot air and jet a bit higher or Richer so that when you get to sea level and the cooler air conditions it's not as lean.

Best results are dyno tunning near the place you will be riding the most to get the correct A/F measurement but that sometimes is impossible.

That's what I thought. It's impossible because there's no local ATV dyno centers here.

Any advice on what ATV dyno slicks that I can get to use when dynotune my ATVs.

I understands that some ATV dyno centers don't carry ATV dyno slicks in stock,

what's more I don't want to use my stock knobbies to dynotune with on my ATVs.

Is ATV micro sprint racing tires the ones that they use to dynotune with their ATVs?

Edited by go7fatherg77

That's what I thought too. I know it's impossible to get one around here because any ATV dyno centers here.

Any advice on what ATV dyno slicks that I can get to use when dynotune my ATVs.

I understands that some ATV dyno centers don't carry ATV dyno slicks in stock,

what's more I don't want to use my stock knobbies to dynotune with on my ATVs.

Is ATV micro sprint racing tires the ones that they use to dynotune with their ATVs?

try to find some stockers and that will be fine, not a razr desert tire or a 6ply tire but the stocker will be abuout a 1 hp diffrece from what the bike really makes due to the heavy tire. I have dynoed alot of my bikes and used some nobbies, no problem what so ever..

I have a buddy down in Pomona, Ca that will dyno the bike and has dyno tires, let me know..

Allright, so it's only 1 horsepower different on stockers.

I'm going to see if I can get my stockers back from my buddy.

What's the name of dyno centers in Pomona, CA? Thanks.

I was told by dynojet that you loose approx 3hp from knobies but was also told that slicks get sticky after a couple runs and you loose hp from that also :freakin_nuts: .

I tune my quad here in las vegas but I have then leave it a little fat so when I go to dumont it leans it out a little and should be perfect. Going from here it is like a 1500 to 1700 ft in elevation drop I think.

Capt

I was told by dynojet that you loose approx 3hp from knobies but was also told that slicks get sticky after a couple runs and you loose hp from that also :freakin_nuts: .

I tune my quad here in las vegas but I have then leave it a little fat so when I go to dumont it leans it out a little and should be perfect. Going from here it is like a 1500 to 1700 ft in elevation drop I think.

Capt

there's about a 5 hp increase with dyno tires , if your not a tt racer or drag racer [on the asphault] why run them get a closer to what your doing result , run stock tires !

unless you just want a high # :freakin_nuts: