fixed the jeep now to next project

fixed my jeep it was the carb. now im on to my next project the banks bullet deisel programmer for our powerstroke. did u know that u have to take off the drivers side exhaust manifold. any tips on how to do the whole setup would be nice or troubleshooting tips

im assuming you mean take it off to instally the temperature probe.

You DONT have to take it off HOWEVER they fully recommend it so you dont accidently send any metal shavings thru the turbo. IF your careful enough you can do it witout removing it.. I have even heard of people drilling the manifold with the motor running as to blow the shavings out while drilling...

Granted if you never done anything of the such or have few mechanical abilities i would highly recommend following the directions

Just use a ton of grease on the drill bit and tap then voila no shavings falling in :D

Turbos are a trip tho, Ive seen them destroyed due to the tinyest thing and yet ive personally watched a hino motor suck a 12"x12" cotton shop rag through the intake (charge pipe removed) and out the turbo with no ill effects.

Edited by britincali