Trip report 10-23 thru 10-25

beerbudget

Got there at about noon on Thursday. Road in was decent. Not crowded at all. Dunes were nice! First trip of the season. Actually the first trip in over a year. Finally got the Bombardier up and running, only to lose battery power on the Thursday evening ride. Oh well. The rest of the bikes ran great. Overall a good trip.

On a sadder note. The trip had purpose. My brother passed away on August 23rd, 2008. One of the things he talked about was when he got better, or even if he didn't just when it cooled off a bit for him, he wanted to go to Dumont for one last ride. On Thursday, we were able to give him his wish. On his sons back, we took his remains for his Final Ride. We went around to the far left of the dunes to the North Pole. After a short stop, we continued to Comp Hill then to the Bowl. Those were his favorite places to go. Its been a tough time for the entire family, but I think this was a fitting tribute to a GREAT MAN!

Ride in Peace John! I'll catch up with you again!

John Henry Newman. Born June 20, 1960. Died August 23, 2008.

Im so sorry for your loss. That just brought tears to my eyes reading that. Thats really awesome he was able to get that last right. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for sharing!

^^^^^^^^^^^She took the words right out of my mouth.My thoughts are with you and your family.

wish i coulda been there for it jess. we got there sat afternoon just after you guys left and weather was perfect til sunday evening when we left. prayers said for john, and i hope to see you in the dunes soon.