Fort Irwin/Barstow Peeps

HI_DESERT_DDR

I am getting out of the military in a month and have been offered a job on Fort Irwin. Basically all I need to know is where is the best place to live as far as closeness to the base as well as fairly priced. Thanks for any info that can be provided.

Chad (YFZ450) :beercheers::beercheers:

Barstow.... sh*tty little town but I like it :)

Newberry springs.... Some nice areas, lots and lots of tweekers

Yermo... Same as newberry just less nice areas

Daggett... You need a 30 yr old doublewide to fit in.

I know some people that live in the victorville/hesperia/apple valley are that work on the fort but they are driving almost 2 hrs each way :beercheers:

Welcome to Barstow.... Ft Irwin is about 30 minutes out of town, nothing out that way to rent, A couple nice apartment places here in town. Building alot of new houses as well, are you looking for an apartment or house? no family/big family? Alot of empty places around, just want to stay out of some area's. About like 29, nothing here, have to drive to Victorville (30 mins) about the same as 29 to yucca for that, did just open a chili's here at Lynwood, you should drive over one weekend and check it out. Let me know if you need anything couple town papers or such and I can mail them to ya. Kinda like a sponsor at your next duty station...SF Woody :beercheers:

Barstow.... sh*tty little town but I like it :)

Newberry springs.... Some nice areas, lots and lots of tweekers

Yermo... Same as newberry just less nice areas

Daggett... You need a 30 yr old doublewide to fit in.

I know some people that live in the victorville/hesperia/apple valley are that work on the fort but they are driving almost 2 hrs each way :headbang1:

the BBC.... :driver::shake: