Banshee motor advise

Tomm

So I have a 2002 Banshee that sucked in a bit of sand..... So I figured what a perfect time to tear the whole thing apart and rebuild it from the ground up. I have finished the frame and now its a complete rolling chassis. Now to the fun part, the motor. Now obviously I want to be the fastest guy out there and relibal at the same time. What im thinking is the Hot Rods 4 mill stroker kit, 35mm carbs (don't know what brand would be the best idea) Cool head (wondering what sized domes to run), I have a set of Toomy 5's , kinda want to run the CPI in frames but they r kinda spendy. Id rather put the $$$$ in the motor. Any advise is much appreciated.

post-5082-1231440031_thumb.jpg post-5082-1231440083_thumb.jpg

Sounds like fun. Only good thing about breakin it is making it faster. If you put a cool head, they told me 21 cc domes for pump gas, anything smaller you might have to run 50/50 mix. Check your compression after the build, anything over 160 lbs you need more octane. Port work is the best bang for the buck. Dont know much about bigger carbs, still run stockers. Post updates on the motor, good luck. 2-strokes still rule :beercheers:

mine is pretty much stock except for the pipes, cool head and v force 3 reeds,k and n's straight off the carbs. i have 16 cc domes and it runs good on the 100 octane pump gas. i had done my own port job with the sport port template kit a few years ago. didnt really dune much better but the top end really came alive. had a loose spark plug issue when i let my boy ride it and the right cylinder was completley destroyed. he had never ridden a 2 stroke before. i still have the templates if you want to borrow them. a grinder and a saturday afternoon and you will gain a bunch on the top end. :D