trail from pahrump to dumont?

Scadigan

Well me and my buddy are thinking about riding up to dumont from pahrump, we know theres a trail leading that way starting at the dry lake bed cause my dad has riddin it once or twice but he cant rememebr where it is...does anyone know any website or even some directions on how to find that trail? i tried google earth but it doesnt seem to be up to date so i cant find the trail anywhere.

If I recall, it leads to the Date Ranch, then ya take the Speary Wash route into the dunes.

Some of it the old Tonapah & Tidelands RR right of way.

And some of it on the power line rds.

Did hear once from Hallet Dave some sections may be closed,, but I never believe that until I see it. But it could be fact.

The BLM office is the best place to get the real scoop.

We want to put together a ride to from the dunes Crowbar restaurant/bar in Shoshone next to the Parump turn-off.

Comfortable sand runners like the Rzr make the trips fun and easy.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revi...ia.html#REVIEWS

Edited by yfzdad

If I recall, it leads to the Date Ranch, then ya take the Speary Wash route into the dunes.

Did hear once from Hallet Dave some sections may be closed,, but I never believe that until I see it. But it could be fact.

We want to put together a ride to from the dunes Crowbar restaurant/bar in Shoshone next to the Parump turn-off.

We tried it a year or 2 ago and got stopped by 2 BLM's right on us as we got through the drylake leaving Pahrump, but there were 5 or so of us in rhinos. Too much dust , no rain. 1 Ticket for 1 of the guys and we got turned back. Nv is ok but they said not in CA, unless it's a plated/registered vehicle.?? But I got a map form a guy that has and still does it . I think we just got caught is the difference, actually we were ready to cross Tecopa hwy when thet got to us,

The closest the T&T got to Pahrump is Shoshone. You may not get south from Shoshone to Tecopa I think they closed the lake/meadows. You aren't getting to China Ranch via the T&T south from Tecopa on a ATV except through an ACEC. Not advised since 1974. Unless they cleaned out the salt cedar you may not be able to walk it. The ACEC border is Tecopa Trail Head on the north by the old mill site. The southern border is three miles north of Sperry but now they turn you up Western Talc Road before you get there.

Best thing to do is trailer to Western Talc and follow Sperry Wash. If you could find a place to park you might be able to drop somewhere around the Pass and take the Tecopa RR from the Gunsight to the Noonday. From there to Western Talc and down Sperry Wash. The mines themselves are private property. So unless the BLM got permission from the owner.......

Eli