toyhauler use # 04221969 subsection 2a of 13

Richard Cheese

Im sure you all know that public schools have some sort of fund raiser every year. the biggest ones usually come in the form of a Carnival, win a goldfish, ring toss....typical stuff

well, my school, being the trendsetter that it is, has been hosting a car show for the last 3 years. Every year for a day, i turn my hauler into a taco truck for a day.

Last year, i sold over 70 lbs of meat out of my hauler, and sold out with 2 hours left to go in the show, so this year, the powers that be decided that 130 lbs was what was needed.

I stayed after school on Friday and cooked 130 lbs of Carne Asada, cut 27 lbs of onions up, as well as cut 60 bunches of cilantro.

here are some pics

here is what i cookedthe meat in...130 lbs all at one time ...its like the size of a small coffin

fxcarshow2009006.jpg

fxcarshow2009007.jpg

fxcarshow2009008.jpg

here are some of my fellow co workers setting up for the show this morning\

fxcarshow2009002.jpg

fxcarshow2009003.jpg

fxcarshow2009004.jpg

run of the mill school cafeteria kitchen, but using saves so much time over my kitchen at home

fxcarshow2009005.jpg

here are some pics of the lowriders that were in the show

fxcarshow2009011.jpg

fxcarshow2009012.jpg

fxcarshow2009013.jpg

fxcarshow2009014.jpg

fxcarshow2009015.jpg

fxcarshow2009016.jpg

fxcarshow2009017.jpg

fxcarshow2009018.jpg

fxcarshow2009019.jpg

fxcarshow2009020.jpg

these were just some of the cars i had a chance to take pics of before we got busy. there were over 100 entries this year

anyway, just thought id share

Edited by richard cheese

ok so last year you sold all 70 lbs, how much did you sell this year? You cooked up 130 lbs but did you sell it all?

sold between 100 and 110 lbs. this year...we had 4 giant pans full of meat, and only went through 3 of them, plus a little of the 4th.

i still cant look at a taco without wantin to :rockwoot::lol:

LOL, well still sounds like you made some great money for a great cause.

Good job Cheese! and I know what you mean, we had a party and had WAY too much BBQ, I couldnt eat BBQ for weeks after having it for lunch and dinner for 4 days :rockwoot::lol: