Lectron Carb help

YamaKiller

I have a Lectron carb on my Rhino that is doing something new. Rhino runs good idles great top end is fine. Only problem is at idle after a few minutes it starts dumping fuel out the over flow. I also noticed that while at idle there is a tube that runs into the intake side of the carb from the bowls and as it starts to fill up that is when it dumps out the overflow that is located near the choke cable. Any ideas?

I have a Lectron carb on my Rhino that is doing something new. Rhino runs good idles great top end is fine. Only problem is at idle after a few minutes it starts dumping fuel out the over flow. I also noticed that while at idle there is a tube that runs into the intake side of the carb from the bowls and as it starts to fill up that is when it dumps out the overflow that is located near the choke cable. Any ideas?

I'm guessing your needle & seat (float level) is a dribbler, at least while running/vibration. The bowl to carb line between the slide and engine is for the power jet and you're seeing the fuel level rise there as well as the overflow. Might be dirt, old fuel residue or just worn. That's the 1st thing to check anyway. Good luck

I'm guessing your needle & seat (float level) is a dribbler, at least while running/vibration. The bowl to carb line between the slide and engine is for the power jet and you're seeing the fuel level rise there as well as the overflow. Might be dirt, old fuel residue or just worn. That's the 1st thing to check anyway. Good luck

I figured it was something in the float but was not sure if the Lectron has the same type of system (float with needle and seat). I have not had time to take it apart and figured I would get some advice before I start in case it was different than most carbs.

Thanks

The Lectron is not a carb for duning, this is a drag racing carb that loads up. They also will leak after time when the motor is not running and dump fuel into the motor. If it were me I would get rid of the Lectron, I know I got ride of mine and I have a built YFZ.

Edited by mineurbiz