3 Rattle Snakes in 12 Hours

Sandpirates2

hey mike looked into your snakes you got and there not western dimond backs there more of a either spotted or roesy rattler we dont have western dimond backs here just thought i would let you know

:guns: Had to call the Boulder Animal people - we killed two more this afternoon, and I used my 22 pistol with snake shot - didnt have any, so I went down and got it today, just in case and damn, found one near the same spot on the patio, and one near the 5th wheel. So the Boulder Animal guy is a BPD actually, and I got the lecture of no guns pls........like yah sure no problem...... :lol: so, I figure a fine is well worth the issue if I cant nail the suckers quickly. Anyway, he got the last one, and pinned it, then shovel to the head worked. Said likely that since the City has recently done some serious dirt work in the field about 50 ft away from my house it's likely stirred them up, and its a "DEN of SNAKES". I also didnt ID them correctly, their actually "Spotted Rattle Snakes" which he said are real close cousins to the Mohave Green, and have Dual venom, really nasty, said that dogs untreated will die, so it's off to the VET tomorrow, to check out Anti-Venom Shot series for both..... So he also said that it's likely that I could see these for the next several weeks - some dens have like 60-70 snakes or more, he said the record around here is 123 in one den..... :booty: so not looking for that. Wife is in Cali - says call her when there gone..... :censored: so, have shovel will travel. Oh Ace, I'll be happy to bag these, and have them hauled out to you....but you have to unpack them.... :beercheers: Well until later - Any one what to have a Bar-B-Q Snake hunt all you can find and eat.... :beercheers:

:beercheers: Hey Brent, as Beau mentioned the Animal Control guy here in BC corrected me too - They were speckled for sure. Well sorry for no updates, spent the best part of the last 2 days clearing out a fairly wide trail around the house, and trimmed up everything above the ground as to leave no hidding places. We killed one more yesterday while cutting out some tumbleweeks, and he was really fast, but the .22 was faster, although it took two shots - talked to all my neighbors, they said - shoot away if you have too, so no reports to the BCPD, but we'll try to just use the shovel or hoe when possible. My neighbor two houses down killed two on Sunday, didnt realize that I had killed the ones I had, pretty much the 5 houses around mine have pulled the kids and pets out of the yards for a while. The animal control guy said to get some mothballs crush them, and scatter them around a barrier, so that was done as well. Taken the dogs down today for the snake shots - $165 per dog for the series, beats having dead dogs, and although you still have to take them to get treated, theyve never used over one vial of the anti-venom, on a dog treated prior with the series, so at $700.00 a vial, and usually it's 2-3 per bite, I figured it's cheaper, and easier on the dog according to the Vet. The only thing it does not work on is the Mohave Green. Well that's all for now, I'll keep you posted as we find more of the suckers.....

SP2 Mike :beercheers:

Edited by Sandpirates2

:beercheers: Hey Brent, as Beau mentioned the Animal Control guy here in BC corrected me too - They were speckled for sure. Well sorry for no updates, spent the best part of the last 2 days clearing out a fairly wide trail around the house, and trimmed up everything above the ground as to leave no hidding places. We killed one more yesterday while cutting out some tumbleweeks, and he was really fast, but the .22 was faster, although it took two shots - talked to all my neighbors, they said - shoot away if you have too, so no reports to the BCPD, but we'll try to just use the shovel or hoe when possible. My neighbor two houses down killed two on Sunday, didnt realize that I had killed the ones I had, pretty much the 5 houses around mine have pulled the kids and pets out of the yards for a while. The animal control guy said to get some mothballs crush them, and scatter them around a barrier, so that was done as well. Taken the dogs down today for the snake shots - $165 per dog for the series, beats having dead dogs, and although you still have to take them to get treated, theyve never used over one vial of the anti-venom, on a dog treated prior with the series, so at $700.00 a vial, and usually it's 2-3 per bite, I figured it's cheaper, and easier on the dog according to the Vet. The only thing it does not work on is the Mohave Green. Well that's all for now, I'll keep you posted as we find more of the suckers.....

SP2 Mike :beercheers:

Thats gonna take alot of moths. Guess you won't have a moth problem anymore either. Can I suggest that you get the Big Egyptian Moths. Those mothballs might be easier to cut off.