Thinking of...

ash

After serious thought, I am going to buy a dirtbike. I don't have any plans to get rid of my quad, I just want something that I can do some tighter trail riding and maybe do a few WORCS races on. I have looked at most of the bikes out there, with the exception of Suzuki and I have narrowed it down to a KTM 250 or a Yamaha WR250. I looked at the 450 models and rode them, but damn were they more power than I really wanted to hang on to. I am wanting to get something that will accomodate Trails, WORCS and maybe...just maybe a few BITD events. I've done every event in BITD on my quads and they absolutely beat the crap out of me over the years. Any input is appreciated.

I have narrowed it down to a KTM 250 or a Yamaha WR250. I looked at the 450 models and rode them, but damn were they more power than I really wanted to hang on to.

then buy my TTR 125.. :shocked2: :laughoff:

just kiddin, just get the 450 and be done with it...that way you dont kick yourself in the arse!

If you're gonna do some longer races the 4 stroke might be a better idea. Mostly for mileage and power. I absolutely love my YZ250, but am feeling the need for more power and am considering the 450. Yamaha doesn't make the WR250 anymore, unless you were referring to the older ones. My buddy had one and loved the gearing of the WR. I had great top speed. I am always running out of gear on my YZ, but it gets up there pretty fast. :shocked2:

I rode the Yamaha 450 again today and I have decided to get that. That thing is a beast and I love it. As soon as I get it, I'll post pics. Should be sometime in the next few weeks.